For a first 3DS game, should I get Fire Emblem or 3D Land?

#11RatheVPosted 9/11/2013 1:47:39 PM
Fire Emblem, easily. Not that 3D land isn't fantastic, but I imagine with your excitement over your new system, you're liable to finish it quickly.
#12n00bsaib0tPosted 9/11/2013 1:49:30 PM
Diayamondo posted...
iMURDAu posted...
Depends. Fire Emblem will keep you involved longer but if you like Mario its hard to pass on 3D Land.

Yeah, I heard 3D Land is short.

That's NSMB2. 3D Land has 16 worlds with like 7 levels each. Some of them are duplicated as time trial levels and stuff later but a good 80% of the levels are unique. It's a fun game.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#13Bikes-Posted 9/11/2013 1:53:35 PM
I found 3D land fun but forgettable, Lent it from a friend, beat the non challenge stuff and never bothered to buy it or lend it again.

Fire Emblem I can't really judge because I can't get past chapter 3 (or 2 I forget which) although I'm playing on the highest difficulty and not a lot of time into it. The beginning suffers from all but one of your units being pretty much useless though >_>

Honestly I recommend Devil Survivor Overclocked instead (if you haven't played the DS version) plays similar to FE, but I found the combat to be more enjoyable and it's overall a fantastic game.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#14guedesbrawlPosted 9/11/2013 2:02:18 PM
3d land is good, but it's very short and half of the game are just altered versions of previous levels.

fire Emblem is a much bigger, deeper and overall better experience.
---
Here's hoping that Chrom will do Aether correctly in SSB4...
#15Elias03RPosted 9/11/2013 2:53:17 PM
---
PLAY GAMES TO GET A $20.00 ESHOP CARD AT http://www.3dsfriends.com/
#16DontMindIfIDoPosted 9/11/2013 2:55:32 PM
3D Land is a good first game because it's short and easy to get in to. It was my first and made my system purchase worth it. But I bought it before Fire Emblem came out. Fire Emblem is good because it's lengthy and has a lot of content. It really depends on what you're looking for, something that's easy to pick up and play, or something that will keep you busy for a long time.