Excited for new Zelda 3ds game but skipped Ds

#1TheRealJimmyCPosted 9/12/2013 7:29:37 AM
I've played all the Zelda games except the two ds games since I never had a ds. I was wondering if these two are worth exploring in anticipation of the new 3ds game coming out late November. I saw one of them for 45 and another for 25 on amazon earlier today.
---
Gamertag: Mr Anarchy Duck
Currently Playing: Payday 2, Borderlands 2, Animal Crossing NL, M+L Dream Team, Pikmin 3
#2toadiemanPosted 9/12/2013 7:31:38 AM
If you don't mind touch screen controls for everything go for it.
---
The chest is empty...like your thieving heart.
#3Shadow Stalker XPosted 9/12/2013 7:32:12 AM
You're welcome to try them if you want, though they generally aren't considered as good as the other Zelda games, mostly for the stylus control you need to use for the games.
---
Stop reading my sig, you are wasting time doing so.
#4TheRealJimmyC(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 7:36:19 AM
Yeah that's what I read that the touch screen controls make it a "poorer Zelda" compared to the others. Also I assume the games tie into wind wakes somehow as the art style is similar?
---
Gamertag: Mr Anarchy Duck
Currently Playing: Payday 2, Borderlands 2, Animal Crossing NL, M+L Dream Team, Pikmin 3
#5Shadow Stalker XPosted 9/12/2013 7:38:40 AM
TheRealJimmyC posted...
Yeah that's what I read that the touch screen controls make it a "poorer Zelda" compared to the others. Also I assume the games tie into wind wakes somehow as the art style is similar?

Yes. In the Zelda timeline, they both follow Wind Waker. Phantom Hourglass's Link is the same Link from Wind Waker, and Spirit Tracks is I believe about 100 years in the future.
---
Stop reading my sig, you are wasting time doing so.
#6blunderminePosted 9/12/2013 7:39:13 AM
TheRealJimmyC posted...

Yeah the art style is quite similar. It's kind of in the middle of Minish Cap and Wind Waker.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#7MajinKogahazanPosted 9/12/2013 7:40:40 AM
The two DS titles are sequels to the Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass taking place a short while after and Spirit Tracks taking place about 100 years later.

You're not missing out on too much, they're generally seen as weaker entries in the series with or without touch controls, but if you're bored you might as well check them out. I'd recommend Spirit Tracks as it improves on most aspects of Phantom Hourglass (although some parts aren't as good)
---
Read a Nuzlocke by me and a friend at: http://blue-heracross.deviantart.com/
Dubs>Subs
#8nonexistingheroPosted 9/12/2013 7:41:09 AM
I think it's a good game. Not the best or most memorable Zelda, but most certainly not a bad game.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#9volaninPosted 9/12/2013 7:41:32 AM
To be honest, I really enjoyed the two DS Zelda games. My girlfriend at the time stole my DS for weeks to play Spirit Tracks as well, she was addicted. But, I also think Skyward Sword is one of the best Zelda ever, so don't take my opinion as fact.
#10iMURDAuPosted 9/12/2013 7:42:12 AM
I really enjoyed Phantom Hourglass and I don't care.
---
-.-- --- ..- / -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. / .... .- ...- . / ... .--. . -. - / - .... .. ... / - .. -- . / .--. .-.. .- -.-- .. -. --. / .- / --. .- -- .