WIll I enjoy 4 Warriors of Light?

#1mumpsy21Posted 9/13/2013 9:34:55 PM
I'm looking for a nice FF experience. I just gave up on FFIII, which I didn't enjoy that much, or at least as much as I wanted to enjoy it. Anyway, it looks pretty "Final Fantasy-ey" but is there anything new or different with the game? Why did they name it 4 warriors of Light? Also what's your opinion on it?
---
Nintendo FC: 2063-0552-1565
Currently Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf || FFIII || Kid Icarus: Uprising
#2helldewPosted 9/13/2013 9:55:32 PM
ive heard it was pretty fun never played it personally cause when it comes to prioty on JRPGs its not terribly high on the list (im going through Xenoblade Tales of xillia SMTIV Devil survovior OC just to name a few).

how far did you get in FF3 as well? personally i hated that game until about the 65% margin where i found it went from mediocre to insanely fun.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#3AkaneJonesPosted 9/13/2013 10:03:43 PM(edited)
The game really takes after NES Final Fantasies. In fact it's called for 4 Heroes of Light... well it's self explanatory if you played the original Final Fantasy. I'd say you might not enjoy it if you don't like the class change system in FFIIIDS, because that what they based the Hat Change system on. It isn't about making a game like Final Fantasy IV & VI. It is more in line with what FFI, FFIII, & FFV were. With that said don't expect SNES level amenities in the game. So the V connection has little to do with those aspects that carry over from IV and make it into VI.

It's more like Final Fantasy III was directly upgraded and got a sequel in 4 Heroes of Light. That makes Bravely Default the third game. They are however closer to what a true Final Fantasy should be, even if they decided to chuck alot of convention and upgrades.

It's kind of like SaGa games are an off shoot of what Final Fantasy II was. That is Final Fantasy Legend series, Romacing SaGa, and spin off Mystic Quest. Over all it's a bit sad no one has considered to follow up on the direction Final Fantasy IV was going. Obviously the unique character with story scenarios that explore more than one parties events in the story was far more unique.
#4mumpsy21(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 11:13:26 PM
Well, I did like FFI and FFII. In fact I beat FFI probably 5 times by now

Spoiler.
I actually bought the game already since it's pretty cheap(about 23$)

Also, in FFIII I "gave up" when I reached the crystal tower where you fight Hein I messed up my jobs/characters and was just too lazy to redo my team for the boss fight. Annoying, because that guy was seriously easy when you first fought him.
---
#5KGTriggerPosted 9/14/2013 1:23:47 AM
I thought it was a charming title, didn't finish it but I don't remember what bothered me about it. I know that you can't select who you target in battle, and that was kind of lame.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089, pm for steam ID
#6randomshemsPosted 9/14/2013 2:05:18 AM
enemy;s lvl with ya not enjoyable
---
Lets tear through nature together So we may see the face of god.
#7mumpsy21(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 2:22:58 AM
Yeah, it's annoyed me that I can't target the enemy, it's a total ******* disadvantage. But, for some reason it doesn't bother as much as I'd expect something like that to.
---
#8Rizaadon007Posted 9/14/2013 2:37:55 AM
I don't understand how people can like the game. There are way too many limitations that keep it from being enjoyable. Especially the limited inventory and not being able to choose your target. If you want old school final fantasy, go with 1 and 2 on the GBA or PSP.
---
First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky.
-NettoSaito on the children characters in Fire Emblem Awakening.
#9AkaneJonesPosted 9/14/2013 5:43:50 AM
mumpsy21 posted...
Yeah, it's annoyed me that I can't target the enemy, it's a total ******* disadvantage. But, for some reason it doesn't bother as much as I'd expect something like that to.

To be honest people had the same complaint with the original Lufia. You could only target a group of the same enemy type. It not really as big a deal as people make it out. You just have to take into consideration which enemies are going to be attacked first.
#10SinfullyvannilaPosted 9/14/2013 8:05:48 AM
4HOL is terrible.

It's SE's worst game after FF3.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch