WIll I enjoy 4 Warriors of Light?

#11HurricaneManningPosted 9/14/2013 8:06:31 AM
it's like Dragon Quest mixed with a FF game
---
Suck for Luck watch: SUCCESS
BOILER UP!
#12badboyPosted 9/14/2013 8:32:49 AM
It's a good game. I just really disliked the small inventory that you carry (it was like 15 items per character including equipment).
#13The Blob2000Posted 9/14/2013 8:37:03 AM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
4HOL is terrible.

It's SE's worst game after FF3.

You seriously think FF3 (NES or DS) is the worst FF game?
FF2 is so much worse than FF3 when it comes to gameplay, I just can't agree with that opinion. Actually, I rank FF3 pretty highly in the series for doing a lot of cool things (introduced the job system, I think it also introduced Cid, chocobos, etc.)
---
Women just want to take your money and eat all your raisin bread.
Parking meters! And you're walking around! Ha ha ha That's so funny.
#14gatsbyyPosted 9/14/2013 10:40:32 AM
Hated the game. The one FF RPG I truly despised. I hated not being able to target enemies and despised the Precious Moments looking characters. Blah.
#15fool_breakaPosted 9/14/2013 10:53:21 AM
Why didn't you like ff3?
#16MotleyKhonPosted 9/14/2013 11:19:11 AM
4 warriors is a complete gem.

Only complete fanboy ****s would slag this game off.
One of the best titles for DS IMO.

Anyone who says it sucks doesn't know wtf they're talking about.
---
SHMUPS,Retro,RPG, Vania's and any old s**** with Robots in.
3DS FC :3368-1249-0145
#17wingblade98Posted 9/14/2013 11:31:36 AM
well it's... i mean, it's not really that good, but i somewhat enjoyed it.
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0mbrb9vpk1rrrqcao1_500.gif
#18SinfullyvannilaPosted 9/14/2013 9:49:21 PM(edited)
The Blob2000 posted...
4HOL is terrible.

It's SE's worst game after FF3.

You seriously think FF3 (NES or DS) is the worst FF game?
FF2 is so much worse than FF3 when it comes to gameplay, I just can't agree with that opinion. Actually, I rank FF3 pretty highly in the series for doing a lot of cool things (introduced the job system, I think it also introduced Cid, chocobos, etc.)

I disagree completely. FF2 had by far the best story of the 8-bits FFs(one of the best stories in 8-bit RPGs period), and it's system is far more unique and compelling than FF3's. FF3 is a glaring example of how to make an RPG poorly(absurd amount of grinding, focused narrative on a weak story, huge difficulty spikes, overly high encounter rate, etc, etc). It has everything people complain about in RPGs to an absurd degree.

4 warriors is a complete gem.

Only complete fanboy ****s would slag this game off.
One of the best titles for DS IMO.

Anyone who says it sucks doesn't know wtf they're talking about.

4HOL has a lot of the same problems. Non-persistent class progression(meaning you develop each class separately without any carryover on adopting to a new class, IIRC, it's been a while), combined with random gem rewards leading to an even worse amount of grinding, and the constant gain and loss of party members and point of view shifts along with a non-shared inventory means you constantly have to grind for money to get relevant equipment to keep up with enemies. But you know, I guess I don't know what I'm talking about, since I dislike the game.

If TC did not enjoy FF3, he will particularly not enjoy 4HOL, as it is very much designed in the same vein. Anyone who denies that has terrible perception and to knowingly recommend it to someone who declared their dislike of FF3 is amorally imposing their own positive bias of it(which you're free to have, there is nothing wrong with enjoying 4HOL) to the detriment of the TC.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#19KGTriggerPosted 9/14/2013 9:34:04 PM
I enjoyed FF2 as well. Want to get better at magic? Use it! Could use some polish, but that's the kind of leveling system I enjoy. It's similar to what Rune Factory does, except RF works better since it's an action rpg.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089, pm for steam ID
#20AkaneJonesPosted 9/14/2013 10:18:57 PM

I disagree completely. FF2 had by far the best story of the 8-bits FFs(one of the best stories in 8-bit RPGs period), and it's system is far more unique and compelling than FF3's. FF3 is a glaring example of how to make an RPG poorly(absurd amount of grinding, focused narrative on a weak story, huge difficulty spikes, overly high encounter rate, etc, etc). It has everything people complain about in RPGs to an absurd degree.

FFIII doesn't actively require grinding, outside showing down Dark Cloud, and that is only if you do no fight encounter you get in the submarine en-route to the various destinations found under water. I bet most people just raised the sub to the surface to speed the process up because you move fast and don't run into enounters. However it's pretty clear the game was made for you to fight those, and meant for you to explore the ocean floor by actually navigating it rather than surfacing.

As for any other grinding, that is the nature of a class system and not knowing what class should be the right one. That happens in any game where you have choice are skills. You can't fix that, it cuts the strategy out of battles.

As for story I view it as they ran out of rom space to put more forward after the player leaves the floating continent. There just wasn't enough space to account for better plot build up for Dark Cloud. I feel like there should be far more to the front for the time stopped world, because it would make the plot points that do happen have far more impact on the player, but there isn't really space for it in the data.

If you want to talk grinding though FFII has that in droves, and I mean forced to beat yourselves up because monsters can 1 hit kill you. That system was very flawed since you only gain defense if you are actively beaten up by monsters, and leveling attack is so much easier. This results in regular enemies dieing to your weapon hits, but bosses 1 hit killing you, which you can't 1 hit kill them. Simply because if you aren't taking hits you aren't leveling defence.