If the 2DS is meant for kids...

#1HighRollerHydraPosted 9/14/2013 1:58:54 AM
...then theoretically, shouldn't it come with a permanent restriction from playing 3DS games above E-ratings?
#2BuretsuPosted 9/14/2013 2:00:39 AM
HighRollerHydra posted...
...then theoretically, shouldn't it come with a permanent restriction from playing 3DS games above E-ratings?

You do realize that just because something is for kids, doesn't mean it should prevent grown-ups from being able to use it, right?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#3HighRollerHydra(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 2:03:14 AM
Buretsu posted...

You do realize that just because something is for kids, doesn't mean it should prevent grown-ups from being able to use it, right?

I know. I was throwing loopholes. :P
#4Binba442Posted 9/14/2013 2:04:09 AM
Buretsu posted...

He should know that. We're on the Nintendo board. Where all the games are kiddie, but more fun than Call of Duty.
---
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013
#5HiddenDoorwayPosted 9/14/2013 2:04:12 AM
Buretsu posted...

I know. I was throwing loopholes. :P

That's not a loophole.
---
http://i.imgur.com/3utn8AI.gif
#6arvilinoPosted 9/14/2013 3:34:09 AM
It was designed with kids in mind, but it isn't meant just for kids entirely. They'd be needlessly pigeonholing their product if they did that when the fact it's a budget/value device gives it a wider appeal and more reasons for different people to buy it.
---
"The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time."
#7shinstrikePosted 9/14/2013 4:21:45 AM
yea i think it's mainly for ppl that want in on the action, but dont care about the lack of convience, or for 3D.
---
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I Killed humans by the thousands!!!! Look at me !!!! I am Sublime!!!!!! I am the true face of evil!!!" - Luca Blight
#8JoeHigashi2000Posted 9/14/2013 7:51:45 AM
Some older players can't tolerate 3D gameplay due to eyesight issues and will never use it. The 2DS is also a cheaper option for people who want to enjoy 3DS games but can't really afford the other models.

My son has a 3DS but I'm getting him a 2DS for the time being as I don't like his habit of how he removes his games. I don't want his system snapped in half and it seems it would be easier to hold than a 3DS/XL. He'll be 6 in two months btw.
---
GT: J03HIG45HI PS3/Vita: JoeHigashi2000 3DS: 0817-3804-7210
#9Gogo726Posted 9/14/2013 8:38:09 AM
No, because everyone of all ages should play Virtue's Last Reward.
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#10MrMacgamerPosted 9/14/2013 12:00:46 PM
It has Parental Controls.
---
Lazy = Not doing something yourself.
Stupid = Having intelligence but choosing not to exercise the right decision.