If the 2DS is meant for kids...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. If the 2DS is meant for kids...
3 years ago#1
...then theoretically, shouldn't it come with a permanent restriction from playing 3DS games above E-ratings?
3 years ago#2
HighRollerHydra posted...
...then theoretically, shouldn't it come with a permanent restriction from playing 3DS games above E-ratings?

You do realize that just because something is for kids, doesn't mean it should prevent grown-ups from being able to use it, right?
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
3 years ago#3
Buretsu posted...

You do realize that just because something is for kids, doesn't mean it should prevent grown-ups from being able to use it, right?

I know. I was throwing loopholes. :P
3 years ago#4
Buretsu posted...

He should know that. We're on the Nintendo board. Where all the games are kiddie, but more fun than Call of Duty.
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013
3 years ago#5
Buretsu posted...

I know. I was throwing loopholes. :P

That's not a loophole.
http://i.imgur.com/3utn8AI.gif
3 years ago#6
It was designed with kids in mind, but it isn't meant just for kids entirely. They'd be needlessly pigeonholing their product if they did that when the fact it's a budget/value device gives it a wider appeal and more reasons for different people to buy it.
"The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time."
3 years ago#7
yea i think it's mainly for ppl that want in on the action, but dont care about the lack of convience, or for 3D.
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I Killed humans by the thousands!!!! Look at me !!!! I am Sublime!!!!!! I am the true face of evil!!!" - Luca Blight
3 years ago#8
Some older players can't tolerate 3D gameplay due to eyesight issues and will never use it. The 2DS is also a cheaper option for people who want to enjoy 3DS games but can't really afford the other models.

My son has a 3DS but I'm getting him a 2DS for the time being as I don't like his habit of how he removes his games. I don't want his system snapped in half and it seems it would be easier to hold than a 3DS/XL. He'll be 6 in two months btw.
GT: J03HIG45HI PS3/Vita: JoeHigashi2000 3DS: 0817-3804-7210
3 years ago#9
No, because everyone of all ages should play Virtue's Last Reward.
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
3 years ago#10
It has Parental Controls.
Lazy = Not doing something yourself.
Stupid = Having intelligence but choosing not to exercise the right decision.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. If the 2DS is meant for kids...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived