Monster Hunter 4 Becomes Highest Selling Third Party Game In Japan

#21HellsingOrgPosted 9/17/2013 3:07:18 AM
I'm sad that people are giving Capcom money.

DO NOT GIVE THEM MONEY!
They are Evil and hate their fans and hate megaman.
EA and Capcom are the worst gaming dev companies.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#22MrSpacelySlatePosted 9/17/2013 10:55:47 AM
Hector_Sass posted...
What a dumb comment, 3DS finally has an amazing selling 3rd party game and you poo poo it because it's a popular franchise.

Kid, you need to go learn what Monster Hunter is.

It always does well in Japan. It doesn't mean crap being on 3DS, it'll always do well regardless.
#23MMaestroPosted 9/17/2013 11:02:03 AM
MrSpacelySlate posted...
Hector_Sass posted...
What a dumb comment, 3DS finally has an amazing selling 3rd party game and you poo poo it because it's a popular franchise.

It always does well in Japan. It doesn't mean crap being on 3DS, it'll always do well regardless.

Not really.

Monster Hunter Frontier barely made a dent, the iOS games are treated even worse than Frontier and the Poka Poka village spin-off attempt to milk the series crashed and burned after Capcom double-downed on it with a sequel. (Who here remembers the Poka Poka village anime shorts? Anyone?)
#24JJH777Posted 9/17/2013 11:25:09 AM
Kelystic posted...
Do you think Pokemon XY release can beat this?

Pokemon X/Y is being released worldwide on the same day so obviously it's going to dwarf MH4. If it was Japan only it'd be close.
---
9/1/13-The Hero of GameFAQs fought bravely but fell to an unrelenting horde supported by a corrupt tyranny.
R.I.P. Hero of Time, 7 time CB Champion, Link
#2521_21Posted 9/17/2013 11:27:10 AM
Troutfisch posted...
Looks like Capcom will have more than 152 million in the bank shortly!

Only to f*** up again and be near bankrupt through s****y practices down the road.
---
Currently playing:
SMT IV, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, and Batman: Arkham Asylum
#26G1ingyPosted 9/17/2013 2:51:12 PM
Well, on the bright side, they finally admitted that outsourcing their games was a dumbass move on their part, so they'll be doing more in-house development from now on.

That atleast sounds more promising as it means there'll be less garbage like DmC and Lost Planet 3.
#27EarthLord_CJPosted 9/17/2013 9:56:47 PM
MrSpacelySlate posted...
Hector_Sass posted...

So we're just supposed to discount Monster Hunter 4 as a third party...because it does well? Regardless of where it's most popular?

Even so, there's tons of third-party games that have been doing well on the 3DS. RE: Revelations clearly sold well, otherwise they wouldn't have made it multi-platform later on. Most stuff by Atlus is selling well (at least consistently with how well most Atlus games do in the West)...
Even indie titles are seeing a good deal of success.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."