The 3DS needs a new Tales game

#1Solar_CrimsonPosted 9/17/2013 5:00:16 AM
Not a port, unless it's a port of either Hearts or Innocence (and the first one was already ported to Vita). And even then, I'd prefer a completely new game in the series.

Then, I can have games from all four of my favorite series on the 3DS (Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Shin Megami Tensei, Tales).
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#2badboyPosted 9/17/2013 5:36:58 AM
Hearts/Innocence weren't ported to Vita, they were remade.
#3RX02BansheePosted 9/17/2013 5:40:36 AM
Unless you can read Japanese it honestly would be better not being on a portable. They almost never bring the portable Tales games over because they sell like s***, it's far better when they're done on a home console as those are more likely to actually be brought over (plus they look way better).
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
If a video game needs to sell more than a million copies to break even it has problems.
#4GeekyDadPosted 9/17/2013 6:09:05 AM
Considering Namco's track record with localization, I wouldn't hold my breath. We only got ToA because it was already translated for PS2 and probably cost very little to port.
---
"The hardcore you've been waiting for!"
#5NarutoPosted 9/17/2013 6:29:11 AM
Hopefully they'll make a brand new Tales of 3DS... so we can get the definitive version on PS3.
#6Solar_Crimson(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 6:32:50 AM
GeekyDad posted...
Considering Namco's track record with localization, I wouldn't hold my breath. We only got ToA because it was already translated for PS2 and probably cost very little to port.

They've been pretty good with Tales games lately. We got Vesperia for 360 (the PS3 one is supposedly not coming over due to contractual issues with Microsoft), Graces f, and Xillia, and we're getting Xillia 2 and Symphonia HD.
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#7RX02BansheePosted 9/17/2013 7:38:02 AM
Solar_Crimson posted...
GeekyDad posted...

They've been pretty good with Tales games lately. We got Vesperia for 360 (the PS3 one is supposedly not coming over due to contractual issues with Microsoft), Graces f, and Xillia, and we're getting Xillia 2 and Symphonia HD.

Notice how none of those are portable. Console Tales seems to be doing well now, but portable Tales will likely never be a thing outside japan, sucks but that's life.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
If a video game needs to sell more than a million copies to break even it has problems.
#8serenade_betaPosted 9/17/2013 8:27:57 AM
No, BandaiNamco can just die.
---
Tried to start a blog... --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/
Plans: Thoughts on Megami Tensei 4, Etrian Odyssey Untold
#9GeekyDadPosted 9/17/2013 8:37:55 AM
RX02Banshee posted...
Solar_Crimson posted...
GeekyDad posted...

Notice how none of those are portable. Console Tales seems to be doing well now, but portable Tales will likely never be a thing outside japan, sucks but that's life.

Exactly my point. Neither of the DS Tales games got localized. Folks utilizing homebrew might have been able to play a fan translation of Innocence, but Namco haven't done much with their portable games outside Japan.
---
"The hardcore you've been waiting for!"
#1021_21Posted 9/17/2013 8:42:31 AM
serenade_beta posted...
No, BandaiNamco can just die.

Sheesh, what did they ever do to you?
---
Currently playing:
SMT IV, Ys Origins, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, and Batman: Arkham Asylum