The 3DS needs a new Tales game

#31TalesOfGodPosted 9/17/2013 4:38:06 PM
serenade_beta posted...
21_21 posted...
Sheesh, what did they ever do to you?

It's a simple matter of removing cancer cells before they spread. At the least, they need to stop their absolute obsession towards paid DLC before they deserve to continue existing.

I strongly agree.
This is going to end up in a disaster if they are going to keep continueing with paid DLC. It's ridiculous but none the less, they still shouldn't die for it.

After all, if the Tales Of loses their most important aspect (which is their loyalty to their fans and actually putting time and effort to make great games (DOANW excluded)) then they wouldn't stand out as much from the rest of the competition.
#32TalesOfGodPosted 9/17/2013 4:40:33 PM
As for the 3DS needing a new Tales Of game, they don't need anything.

Don't demand it from them or any crap like that. Give them time and be satisfied with what we are getting at the moment so they can actually make great games.

I would much rather have a few Tales Of games over the years than crap that is released every year.

Anyways, Tales Of Xillia 2 and Symphonia Chronicles are coming to PS3 so that's well enough for now since Tales Of Xillia was released not too long ago.
#33CcroybbPosted 9/17/2013 4:54:12 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
Ccroybb posted...
Tempestuous_Sea posted...
I thought the person behind the Tales series had a thing for Sony and commented that future games would be on Sony consoles because that's where the fanbase is, or something like that.

People really need to stop spreading that bull**** around. Hideo Baba has stated repeatedly that they're going to focus their Tales games on one platform, which is the PS3. Thanks to the Vita games bombing in Japan, they got scared and went back to the PS3 because they know the games will sell on that platform. It has nothing to do with company loyalty.

Tempest R is pretty much all but confirm to be coming to the Vita. However, Baba want to focus only on the PS3 right now since it already has an established user base and that's where the Tales fans (the Japanese ones) reside. After Tales of Zestoria or whatever is release I highly expect them to move onto the PS4.

Although I would be shock if the 3DS doesn't get a new Tales game. The system is dominating Japan. Namdai would be idiots to ignore it despite the main Tales fanbase being on Sony systems over there.

Do we have any actual confirmation on that? Tempest wasn't very good, apparently, so I can't imagine them wasting their time on remaking it if there isn't much interest.
---
If you're not playing Shin Megami Tensei IV or Tales of Xillia you should feel bad.
#34Hercik1Posted 9/17/2013 5:08:27 PM
Ccroybb posted...
I thought the person behind the Tales series had a thing for Sony and commented that future games would be on Sony consoles because that's where the fanbase is, or something like that.

People really need to stop spreading that bull**** around. Hideo Baba has stated repeatedly that they're going to focus their Tales games on one platform, which is the PS3. Thanks to the Vita games bombing in Japan, they got scared and went back to the PS3 because they know the games will sell on that platform. It has nothing to do with company loyalty.

They just announced two new tales games for the iPhone so don't know how true that is.
#35serenade_betaPosted 9/17/2013 5:09:48 PM(edited)
21_21 posted...
What? Their DLC's are a lot more tame compared to the way Capcom has been treating DLCs. At least Namco's DLC are more justified and they're just icing on the cakes, like extra costumes, etc. You don't need them to fully enjoy the games.

I can only imagine how you must think of Capcom if you hate Namco's DLC that much...

Eh? Eh? Eh? Jojo. Eh?
I'd like you to tell the 1400+ reviewers on Amazon that Jojo's DLC was justified.
Unless, don't tell me, you don't even know?
---
Tried to start a blog... --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/
Plans: Thoughts on Megami Tensei 4, Etrian Odyssey Untold
#36CcroybbPosted 9/17/2013 5:17:28 PM
Hercik1 posted...
Ccroybb posted...

They just announced two new tales games for the iPhone so don't know how true that is.

Those are shovelware games though. I'm talking mothership titles.
---
If you're not playing Shin Megami Tensei IV or Tales of Xillia you should feel bad.
#37OoSubaruoOPosted 9/17/2013 5:53:47 PM
serenade_beta posted...
21_21 posted...
What? Their DLC's are a lot more tame compared to the way Capcom has been treating DLCs. At least Namco's DLC are more justified and they're just icing on the cakes, like extra costumes, etc. You don't need them to fully enjoy the games.

I can only imagine how you must think of Capcom if you hate Namco's DLC that much...

Eh? Eh? Eh? Jojo. Eh?
I'd like you to tell the 1400+ reviewers on Amazon that Jojo's DLC was justified.

Because, everyone keeps up with Japan only games right?
---
The official Genbu of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#38serenade_betaPosted 9/17/2013 6:05:48 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...

No, just that if he is defending BanNam, surely he knows about all of their DLC, at the least to make a good judgement. And at the least, their most recent games.
---
Tried to start a blog... --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/
Plans: Thoughts on Megami Tensei 4, Etrian Odyssey Untold
#39DynamicJumpIuffPosted 9/17/2013 6:19:34 PM
I think the bigger problem with having a 3DS Tales game would be the fact that Bamco would just make a better/definitive version for the Vita/PS3/PS3 somewhere down the line.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#40DynamicJumpIuffPosted 9/17/2013 6:30:36 PM(edited)
OoSubaruoO posted...
serenade_beta posted...
21_21 posted...

Eh? Eh? Eh? Jojo. Eh?

Full price game, plus the cost of importing it for non-Japanese players is about $80. In addition to that, there are/will be about 17 DLC characters for 600 each I believe. This adds up.

At the very least, some were put on sale and two (Kira and Fugo) were available for a limited time for free.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma