One piece romance dawn....is hitting America and Europe!!!

#41KGTriggerPosted 9/19/2013 7:23:28 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
AkaneJones posted...
LightHawKnight posted...

No. You can't. You miss out on a lot of stuff. Things are explained in previous arcs that show up again, cause that is what Oda does. He. Never. Forgets. Ever. Things that show up in the past show up again in the future all the time. Not watching in order is just plain stupid when you can watch it in order.

I don't think you still get it. Sure there is possibly of spoilersing yourself changing the impact of certain story event, but it doesn't mean it is "unwatch" in a format other than watch from the beginning. Just to make a point here would a first time viewer really be lost where Toonami picked back up? No not really. It does enough to explain the main characters to you. None of the events that happen are relevant to the previous in such a way that you would be lost without them. In fact the entire short "long" arc(bad pun) is what people would almost call filler in other series, they could have just skipped it for what it's worth.

Oh I'm sure the events have some long reaching effects, but not watching it is no different from say watch a Batman episode with the Joker in it, but never watching the Joker's origin story before hand. Normally a series that is 50 million episodes long would require you to watch the previous, because the plot is continuous. One Piece however has stories that do not require knowledge for the last story arc to not get lost or enjoy what you are watching. This isn't Bleach where everything is Aizen, because all the arcs are actually the same giant arc. This isn't Naruto where there are 3 pertinent plots strings and you are either in Naruto set, the Sasuke set, or Ichimaru set(these can weave randomly through and story arc depending on episode, not dealing with them, or current arc that contains them, is Naruto Filler).

SMASHKING84 posted...
lol some of the best moments in dbz happen after episode 50.
hell the series doesn't really pick up until nappa an vegeta show up and that's like episode 20 or so.
bleach had the whole reveal about a certain villian and that was like season 3 which was one of THE most memorable moments in the anime.

not to mention this disounts series like fma brother hood which the first 13 episodes are just a recap for people who've seen the original fma.
not to mention in manga volumes that would only be like 5 volumes at most...

And those of us who prefer "Dragon Ball" to Dragon Ball Z would disagree. Personally I think he should have stopped writing the thing after the Frieza Saga ended. We didn't need a Time Travel story about a minor Doctor we forgot after the Red Ribbon Army was defeated, and we didn't need anything Majin Buu had to offer

You don't get it. You will miss valuable information if you don't watch in order. You clearly know nothing about OP at all if you think you can watch it willy nilly at any arc you want. The reason why 4kids lost the rights to OP was cause they literally edited out arcs, which would have made huge giant plotholes that make no sense. That is what happens when you watch whatever arc you feel like. You get PLOTHOLES!!!

Dude it's just anime, cool it back on the turbonerd rage.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089, pm for steam ID
#42thefabregas22Posted 9/20/2013 12:35:36 AM
super_taco_ftw posted...
I couldn't get into One Piece (it's over 700 episodes and shows no signs of ending), but more games are good, especially for the fans.

Maybe if it does well, other Anime-inspired games will be localised (alright, I'm just clutching at straws here, but I want Digimon and Medabots, damn it!)

It's only just hit over 600 eps in the anime actually (dunno about manga)
anyway wouldn't that be a good thing? I always feel sad that a favourite anime of mine is ending.

I'll be picking this up day one most likely, don't really care if people say it's a bad game, normally with anime games I enjoy them if I enjoy the anime. Unless it's called ultimate tenkaichi bleh.
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#43OoSubaruoOPosted 9/20/2013 2:16:10 AM
I like how this thread went from "One Piece Romance of Dawn coming to NA and EU" to "Certain animes are mediocre after 50+ episodes".
---
The official Genbu of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#44KGTriggerPosted 9/20/2013 9:36:39 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
I like how this thread went from "One Piece Romance of Dawn coming to NA and EU" to "Certain animes are mediocre after 50+ episodes".

I didn't even say anime becomes mediocre after 50 episodes, I don't know why people took it like that.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089, pm for steam ID
#45keyblader1985Posted 9/20/2013 9:44:14 AM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
Cool! I personally don't care for One Piece, but games being localized is always a good thing!

This. I genuinely did not see this coming.

Actually, I've always kind of wanted to get back into One Piece; I stopped really early in (around Arlong). Maybe I'll pick this up.
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/keyblader.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai