Streetpass from home question???

#1CelesEsperIce3Posted 9/19/2013 8:15:25 PM
I almost never streetpass anyone despite living in a city of over 600,000 people, and when I do randomly streetpass people I get a bunch of kids with nothing to offer and generic Miis that you start with. As a result I am trying to do the streetpass at home thing. I use windows XP and a Belkin Wireless Router, and can change my SSID and MAC address no problem.

The problem is that when I change the MAC address my ISP(Skybeam) shuts me out of the internet. Is there a way to make them think I am using the same MAC while changing it to be a relay point?

For a few seconds before they locked me out I had a Nintendozone relay point, but it wasn't long enough to get tagged...
---
I like cheese!!!
#2mrjack3112Posted 9/19/2013 8:23:08 PM
Forget the whole puzzle thing. It seems like a target attempt to occupy users of their consoles interacting with one another. Just for an idea of what they need to sell for more money./conspiracy
#3CelesEsperIce3(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 8:28:46 PM
I have all the puzzles, and can get all the pinks I'm missing next time they release a special mii. I need Monarch's to fight in Warrior's Way. The new games are a blast, but to complete that one you need to pass 300-400 people who also have them.
---
I like cheese!!!
#4CelesEsperIce3(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 10:21:14 PM
bump
---
I like cheese!!!
#5esoteric42Posted 9/20/2013 8:49:16 AM
You are most likely not using the recommended firmware/router combo described in the instructions at:

http://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/1k0g58/setting_up_a_streetpass_relay_at_home

I upgraded the firmware on my Netgear router to the appropriate DD-WRT release.

This firmware allows you to SPOOF a MAC address, so that you are not actually changing your MAC address.

When you change your MAC address spoof settings, you're going to lose any wired or wireless Internet connection while your router reconfigures itself, and this is normal. This can take as long as 30 seconds.

You gots to get the DD-WRT firmware to Home Pass without headaches.
---
Check out my images from Tomodachi Collection at: http://www.3dporch.com/users/esoteric30
#6so64Posted 9/20/2013 8:54:18 AM
Wait, what OS are you using? Because if you are using Windows, you can modify the wireless adapter's (of your PC)MAC address instead of the router and send out a wireless signal for the 3DS to communicate with.
---
I am insane. Somethings I say may not make sense. Please take heed. www.brokencontrollers.com Fair and Balanced. 3DS FC:5327-0905-8783
#7CelesEsperIce3(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 8:53:15 PM
My router is a Belkin F9K1105v2, and I can't find it anywhere on there list of spoofable routers. There are also warnings about bricking your router if its a Belkin. I think I'm just doomed to streetpass the hard way. Is there a way to add myself to the list that people will visit without doing anything to my computer so I can at least get 1 every 8 hours?
---
I like cheese!!!
#8mrjack3112Posted 9/20/2013 8:57:31 PM
CelesEsperIce3 posted...
My router is a Belkin F9K1105v2, and I can't find it anywhere on there list of spoofable routers. There are also warnings about bricking your router if its a Belkin. I think I'm just doomed to streetpass the hard way. Is there a way to add myself to the list that people will visit without doing anything to my computer so I can at least get 1 every 8 hours?

Don't know Celes personally I just gave up on the street pass thing. But if you are adamant about the whole thing I would look for an alternative if forging a relay point isn't working for you.
#9CelesEsperIce3(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 9:59:08 PM
Its alright, I've got two 3DS's and I can get the games on my second one. It should only take about 135 days to get the 400 monarch streetpasses I need. :) I was hoping for a quicker solution, but the completionist in me just won't let it go.
---
I like cheese!!!
#10mrjack3112Posted 9/20/2013 10:14:35 PM
CelesEsperIce3 posted...
Its alright, I've got two 3DS's and I can get the games on my second one. It should only take about 135 days to get the 400 monarch streetpasses I need. :) I was hoping for a quicker solution, but the completionist in me just won't let it go.

Sounds like a long time but I am sure a better alternative is out there. Just keep bumping this topic I am sure someone with an insight of how to do this can help, good luck!