Monster Hunter 4 in Japan 0_0

#11lunchEATSyouPosted 9/20/2013 4:11:26 PM(edited)
21_21 posted...
lunchEATSyou posted...
21_21 posted...
Actually, Rockstar just broke 1 billion today. Holy s*** even Monster Hunter in Japan can't compare to this behemoth!

Think about it: an extremely popular multiplat vs a niche exclusive on a region locked console.

If it weren't for your user name, I would have mistaken you for Servant >_>

So just because I'm praising a game available for PS 3 and X360, you were close to mistaking me for a Sony fanboy? Okay then...

And either way, I know Monster HUnter was a niche outside of Japan. I was just simply giving out a comparison. I don't see what's wrong with that.

I didn't call you fanboy at all, I just mentioned that you said something that I considered to be foolish that was said by a foolish poster.
---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
#12VelariosPosted 9/20/2013 4:05:24 PM(edited)
You can't really compare sales of the 2. MH4 was released in Japan only, on a system with 34 mil worldwide base. GTA5 was released worldwide on 2 systems with a combined 158 mil base.
---
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
#13arthur8642Posted 9/20/2013 4:17:54 PM
If we're going off pure msrp, keep in mind that MH4 is cheaper than GTA5.
---
imagineer: 'Next 3DS peripheral: the Spinning Chair Pro. Sit in this spinning office chair and play Face Raiders all day, without disturbing your 3D.'
#14parKb5Posted 9/20/2013 5:28:09 PM(edited)
lunchEATSyou posted...
21_21 posted...
Actually, Rockstar just broke 1 billion today. Holy s*** even Monster Hunter in Japan can't compare to this behemoth!

Think about it: an extremely popular multiplat vs a niche exclusive on a region locked console.

I am not sure if Monster Hunter is niche in Japan. The only advantage that GTAV has is that it is multi-plat. Maybe if Rockstar broke up the numbers to how much each platform sold, they would each be closer to the numbers of MH4.

Also, GTAV was released worldwide as opposed to only being released on a teeny-tiny island nation about the size of a single state in the US.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 Greg@Kawasaki
#15NettoSaitoPosted 9/20/2013 7:22:53 PM
SoaringDive posted...
Capcom doesn't make all 5,990 on each copy...

No, but they do get quite a bit. They sell their copies to the stores, so they already made their money even before these sales. Its just that they do sell them to stores at a lower price than what they are actually sold for, and there are other expenses they have to pay as well.

Even so, despite not getting all of the cash made from the sales so far, they are still getting quite a bit.
---
3DS - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | NN - [NettoSaito]
The New Netto's Game Room Forums - http://forums.nettosgameroom.com/index/
#1621_21Posted 9/20/2013 7:26:51 PM
parKb5 posted...
lunchEATSyou posted...
21_21 posted...

I am not sure if Monster Hunter is niche in Japan. The only advantage that GTAV has is that it is multi-plat. Maybe if Rockstar broke up the numbers to how much each platform sold, they would each be closer to the numbers of MH4.

Also, GTAV was released worldwide as opposed to only being released on a teeny-tiny island nation about the size of a single state in the US.

To be fair, even if you split it into individual sales on each system, it's still more vast than MH's sales, and yeah I know, it's as you said. It's to be expected since we're comparing half the world to a small nation. You gotta at least admit, though, that other games in the past haven't pulled off this feat. Not even Pokemon, and certainly not Monster Hunter.

Anyway, the only reason I even brought up GTA was because TC did so, so don't act all defensive just because I'm claiming GTA's sales are better. My main point was that what GTA V did was noteworthy. Nothing about bashing Monster Hunter.
---
Currently playing:
SMT IV, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, and Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney