FYI, Senran Kagura Burst has no 3D for a significant amount of its gameplay too.

#1Primum_MobilePosted 9/21/2013 2:44:23 AM
80/80

So in light of people (somewhat) complaining X&Y have no 3D during the overworld map, I like to let everyone know that SKB also has no 3D during the beat-em-up portion, which is a lot of the actual game play portion. 3D only comes in during cutscene (story cutscene, super attacks cutscene, and clothing-shredding cutscene) and in the dressing room mode.

So how many people cares, or maybe even changed their mind about purchasing now?
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#2toad133Posted 9/21/2013 2:52:07 AM(edited)
A niche fanservice game vs one of the highest selling VG franchises of all time.

I don't think you're going to find that many who are hindered by this, just saiyan.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#3BeanBeanKingdomPosted 9/21/2013 3:21:43 AM
Wasn't this true only for the first game, while the second added a lot more?
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#4TeremeiPosted 9/21/2013 4:55:27 AM
theres 2 principle issues.

1) this is Nintendo's #1 selling franchise made by a very capable studio. It's a big game
2) what precedent does this set. Will more and more big name games by Nintendo themselves have no 3D at all?

Overall, I don't mind if some games don't have 3D if they use that saved resource and put it into even better looking games. But the overworld in X/Y aren't anything special. They did this out of laziness. They are a big studio that has made millions. They have the resources to not skimp like this.
---
Just started up a Saturn collection. Awaiting Shining the Holy Ark (sealed) to arrive.
#5LeanaunfurledPosted 9/21/2013 5:00:27 AM
I love how for the most part hardly anyone cares about 3D but the moment Pokemon doesn't have 3D for the overworld they raise hell like it's the most important thing in the world.
---
Currently Playing: GTAV, Monster Hunter 4
3DS FC: 2707-2560-1312 JPN FC 1907-9095-4490
#6TeremeiPosted 9/21/2013 5:04:55 AM
Leanaunfurled posted...
I love how for the most part hardly anyone cares about 3D but the moment Pokemon doesn't have 3D for the overworld they raise hell like it's the most important thing in the world.

when has there been another big name 3DS game that hasn't been fully 3D? If you can name a similar incident in the past then your post makes sense. But I don't think it does.
---
Just started up a Saturn collection. Awaiting Shining the Holy Ark (sealed) to arrive.
#7dementedlullabyPosted 9/21/2013 5:57:45 AM
Teremei posted...
Leanaunfurled posted...

when has there been another big name 3DS game that hasn't been fully 3D? If you can name a similar incident in the past then your post makes sense. But I don't think it does.

SMT DS Overclocked had no 3D outside of cut scenes/demon fusing but it was a straight up port nearly.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam:DementedLullaby
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#8GeekyDadPosted 9/21/2013 6:02:41 AM
I love it. I think this is how most 3DS games should be approached. The effect has always been a neat novelty, but it's not practical for long-term use when playing most games.

I was already sold on the game long ago. This news is just gravy.
---
"The hardcore you've been waiting for!"
#9esoteric42Posted 9/21/2013 12:05:52 PM
I find it disappointing that studios are starting to neglect the 3D features of the 3DS. I am looking forward to SKB and would have preferred it be fully 3D. I wasn't particularly fond of Devil Survivor Overclocked in part because of it's lack of 3D, as this was a major selling point for me when I bought the system at launch. I suppose if it keeps the cost of a game low, it's OK, but I would still prefer fully 3D optics.
---
Check out my images from Tomodachi Collection at: http://www.3dporch.com/users/esoteric30
#10Mariofan15Posted 9/21/2013 12:07:02 PM
So what. I dont care about the 3D feature and never had. So this doesnt bother me in the least.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:1121-2453-7393