whats the difference between pokemon x and y

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. whats the difference between pokemon x and y

User Info: big_pimper

big_pimper
3 years ago#1
haven't played a pokemon game since red.. decided to buy one of the new ones.. not sure what one to get
Keep Hustlin' Cus
PC+Wii U+ 3DS XL Master Race

User Info: Aura_Sphere

Aura_Sphere
3 years ago#2
one is called x the other is called y

lol
[3DS: 0748-2142-5452] Currently adding people for Pokemon X/Y! PM me if you decide to add me, please. FC space: 27/100

User Info: MarkMilton

MarkMilton
3 years ago#3
all i know so far is each one has one specific legendary pokemon, and each has specific variations of pokemon.

i haven't heard if there are different areas like Black and White had.
If on Decepticon turf you happen to stumble, watch out robot, HERE COMES RUMBLE! ~~ Rumble... duh!
Gamertag: MarkMilton FC: 1977-0327-3304

User Info: Geno

Geno
3 years ago#4
It's pretty much the same differences between the other versions: minor storyline adjustments between the two, and a small handful of Pokemon that can't be obtained between one version and the other, to encourage trading. Personally, I think it's kind of archaic and shouldn't be done anymore, but I guess the Japanese don't agree with me.
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853

User Info: MarkMilton

MarkMilton
3 years ago#5
Geno posted...
It's pretty much the same differences between the other versions: minor storyline adjustments between the two, and a small handful of Pokemon that can't be obtained between one version and the other, to encourage trading. Personally, I think it's kind of archaic and shouldn't be done anymore, but I guess the Japanese don't agree with me.

neither will Nintendo... especially when you can sell to two pokemon games to the fanatics, instead of just one.
If on Decepticon turf you happen to stumble, watch out robot, HERE COMES RUMBLE! ~~ Rumble... duh!
Gamertag: MarkMilton FC: 1977-0327-3304

User Info: Lord_Vishana

Lord_Vishana
3 years ago#6
X exclusives:

Mega Mewtwo X
Clauncher
Swirlix
Xerneas

Pokemon Y exclusives

Mega Mewtwo Y
Skrelp
Spritzee
Yvetial
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png World's Biggest Kenichi Ebina Fan 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds

User Info: helldew

helldew
3 years ago#7
considering my friend is obsessive enough to buy both versions. i would say its fairly smart. i dont really like the practice that much though.
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.

User Info: shotgunheadshot

shotgunheadshot
3 years ago#8
It's the same with different color Pokemon.

User Info: AllFiction

AllFiction
3 years ago#9
MarkMilton posted...
all i know so far is each one has one specific legendary pokemon, and each has specific variations of pokemon.

i haven't heard if there are different areas like Black and White had.

Confirmed from interview with masuda that there wont be different area like B/W.
Interview in nintendolife.
pardon me if my grammar suck...

User Info: GHofPersia

GHofPersia
3 years ago#10
Actually, I think you can choose Mewtwo X or Y in both games, considering you need a different item for each and the change is only temporary anyway.
Gamertag: HeartyCorpse360
3DS FC: 0903 2739 5683
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. whats the difference between pokemon x and y

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived