Downloading a game you could buy physically is illogical

#191BuretsuPosted 9/23/2013 5:25:24 PM
zinformant posted...
I already stated relativism has no place in this discussion. Alright, I'll offer you a brief analogy before I untrack the topic. You have two options for getting M&Ms at work: by vending machine or walking to the store a few blocks away. Both can be done on your break. The store is the better option because, as you'd anticipate, the M&Ms are cheaper at the store. You pay more at the vending machine but don't get anything for it.

Okay, no, stop. Let's add 'analogies' to the list of things you don't fully have the grasp of.

Digital games are not more expensive, so you kinda fail right off the bat. It's more convenient, and you're not burdened with a bunch of space-wasting guff like the cart, the box, the "instruction manual" like with physical.
---
9/17/2013: A dark day in history. SEGA Sammy acquires Index.
RIP: Atlus games ever leaving Japan
#192iMURDAuPosted 9/23/2013 5:45:31 PM
That was a terrible analogy. M&Ms, stores, vending machines, good try but nothing like buying digital retail games. Let me know when someone wants to sell their used M&Ms or doesn't mind not being able to sell them because they'll always be in their stomach. And also if you're buying M&Ms on your break you'd be a fool to spend your whole break at work walking to the store to pay the same or less for something that is right there in front of you. I work with people who do that. They waste their time going to the gas station for a 20 oz when there's a vending machine that has cans.

That is not the same as buying a video game.
---
-.-- --- ..- / -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. / .... .- ...- . / ... .--. . -. - / - .... .. ... / - .. -- . / .--. .-.. .- -.-- .. -. --. / .- / --. .- -- .
#193Thunderbird8Posted 9/23/2013 8:10:02 PM
zinformant posted...
Digital should not have physical MSRP; often times, it does.

If you make a consistent habit of undercutting retail with digital versions, you will piss off retail, which can be suicidal if you need them to be able to sell some part of your product (such as, oh, a console). Hell, even Steam has new big PC games selling at $60, just like their console counterparts. The only case I can think of (though probably not the only one out there) of a digital version being cheaper than retail is NSLU, but the retail version has the added benefit of not requiring NSMBU to play. Not counting sales, obviously.
#194teh1337gosu(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 8:11:00 PM
iMURDAu posted...
That was a terrible analogy. M&Ms, stores, vending machines, good try but nothing like buying digital retail games. Let me know when someone wants to sell their used M&Ms or doesn't mind not being able to sell them because they'll always be in their stomach. And also if you're buying M&Ms on your break you'd be a fool to spend your whole break at work walking to the store to pay the same or less for something that is right there in front of you. I work with people who do that. They waste their time going to the gas station for a 20 oz when there's a vending machine that has cans.

That is not the same as buying a video game.

Yeah that "analogy" made me cringe.
---
Yvan eht nioj
#195n00bsaib0tPosted 9/23/2013 8:33:27 PM
airfoemoe posted...
Response to n00bsaib0t's Wall of Text.

Your argument on SD was pointless because you are still limited to the space you bought within you idevice. You can't really argue having control over how much space your phone can hold. It's an awesome feature. Typical Apple Fanboy trying to downplay an awesome feature to make your awful device look better. Even Windows phones can do this.

Bluetooth keyboards suck, they aren't as fast and usually run off their own battery. Flash is still handy to have if you ever need it. Jailbreak? Android isn't restrictive like a typical Apple product, so there's no need to even root. (Lol they call it Jailbreak because Apple's restrictive policy are like being stuck in jail).

Really you went to the age old Apple Fanboy response, claiming I'm too poor to afford more than one device? Some Android devices cost more than an iPhone or iPad. You keep mentioning ancient Android phones like their still relevant, iPhone was extremely bad when it first came out. (LOL NO 3G) Get over yourself you delusional ifanatic, and get a Galaxy Note 3 and experience the absolute best phone on the market.

Anyway the 100 things video, I didn't see that until after I responded and that explains it way better than I can with a limited GameFAQs comment. It destroyed your arguments.

Year old phones are no more ancient than the iPhone 5. I refuse to buy a note 3 for the same reason I didnt want a note 2 or note. Its huge, should have tablet UI but doesn't, and it's not big enough to serve as my tablet. My A500 (that I use on a daily basis, but have fun trying to label me a fanboy to discredit me when you can't shoot down my arguments) works just fine as my tablet, I don't need a phone to fail at being a tablet for me.

Flash isn't the least bit handy on a mobile device. Its slow and glitchy, and helps nothing when Chrome for Android and Safari can play embedded videos without it.

My SD card argument is valid. You said the OS doesn't support them, and it does.

Jail breaking was a term before iOS. I was jail breaking PSPs before iOS was a thought.

Yes, some android devices cost more than iOS devices. That's because only some of them are worth a s***. People get ripped off every day buying a cheap ass "smart" phone from companies like Samsung that barely function and ship with 2.3.6 when the phone launched after 4.X rolled out. People love to talk about how much apple rips people off, but at least the iPhone works.

Spend more than $5 on a keyboard and it works fine. I've had no issues with my A500, which using your back assward logic doesn't support them because it isn't built in. You had no argument for that one, did you?

The reason the iPhone didn't have 3G when it came out was because 3G wasn't a thing. The Sidekick didn't have it either for the same reason. You're really supporting my 12 years old theory with this one. You think 3G always existed?

And the video doesn't "destroy" my argument. If you had any grasp on the English language you can see that I'm comparing the full scope of features with Jailbreak and Root included. They keep mentioning things iOS can't do without jailbreak, how is that destroying my argument?
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#196SilverWingZetaPosted 9/25/2013 5:20:09 PM
sortajan posted...
teh1337gosu posted...
Mini Rant

I'm on my smartphone after reformatting it and check my purchase history, I'm not able to re-download any THQ games I bought, the money has gone to waste.

Further to this point; 3DS downloads don't have an account system, and even if they did; games you may need to re-download are at the mercy of the publisher. I buy all games physically when I am able and so should you if the option is there.

What's your excuse? Convenience or a high break in rate in your area?

Over the course of seven years I've bought hundreds of games via digital distribution. I've never had any problems with it. Not one. The only things that've ever gotten in my way are Ubisoft and GFWL, neither of which are avoidable even if you buy the physical copies.

Currently own 300+ games on Steam, 70+ games on GOG, and 8 games on Origin. Not a single problem in seven years. Come at me.

And each one has an account tied to it so you can log in and redownload it. The 3DS not so much, if it breaks you are at the mercy of Nintendo to have them replaced for you if they repair it.
---
Sometimes I just watch the boards burn
http://thewindyloung.blogspot.com/ (new review Persona 4 Golden)