Miyamoto didn't ruin Sticker Star

#100bularn00bularPosted 9/23/2013 8:35:42 AM
Intelligent Systems ruined Sticker Star.

-The broken battle system was all their fault.
-The game's director chose to get rid of partners, badges, and even a level up system.
-The dev team decided not to include a real overworld, opting for world themes that appear in the NSMB games.
-Miyamoto told them to use characters that appeared in the Super Mario World before. The dev team took this to mean that only Toads could appear and nobody else. E. Gadd in Enigmansion? Who the hell? Let's just use another Toad.
-Miyamoto never told the team that Bowser wasn't allowed to talk.
-Miyamoto didn't design or instruct anybody to create some of the worst boss battles I've ever seen in a video game.
-Miyamoto didn't turn the final dungeon into a two minute carpet ride.

Miyamoto has actually produced a good game since Sticker Star came out. Meanwhile, Intelligent Systems has made Game and Wario, which is way worse than Nintendo Land when it comes to using the gamepad (aside from the Gamer minigame. That one is genius). And they've also made Fire Emblem: Awakening. A game that removed all strategy from the series and allowed you just steamroll the game. Want to beat a chapter? Mash your units together with pair up, limitless support bonuses, maxed out units with grinding etc. Chapter 11 is a blank open space with no mountains, ballistaes, well placed enemies, or even any obstacles. Pair up your units and rush to the boss. You win.

The best story in the world wouldn't have saved Sticker Star because it was inherently a bad game to begin with. Imagine is Metal Gear Solid 4 had garbage stealth and shooting mechanics. It wouldn't be the masterpiece that it is today.

The truth is, IS is going in Camelot's direction: A once good studio turning into garbage. Do not look forward to SMT x Fire Emblem. You'll be met with even further disappointment and Miyamoto won't be there for you to blame him.
---
Sonic's Earth IS Earth. This has been proven through science~Nacho_Burger
#2fallenKlNGPosted 9/23/2013 8:42:27 AM
I loved Fire Emblem Awakening. Though it was my first FE game, and I played it on Normal & Casual Mode, so people tell me I haven't REALLY played Fire Emblem.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2449-4639-6561
#3Firelion6593Posted 9/23/2013 9:02:15 AM
Awakening was also Intelligent Systems' last-ditch effort to save the Fire Emblem franchise, so the lowered difficulty was likely intentional to help get new players into the series. Now that Fire Emblem has reached widespread popularity thanks to Awakening, hopefully we'll see the older FE elements like Fog of war and ballistae return.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#4MarsfordPosted 9/23/2013 9:02:55 AM
You can't steamroll s*** on the higher difficulties. You have to plan every movement and pair up.

Your argument is invalid.
---
Why are you NOT listening to White Skies when you could be listening to White Skies?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MDhdP94TKc
#5fallenKlNGPosted 9/23/2013 9:09:22 AM
This topic is now officially about Awakening. lol
---
3DS Friend Code: 2449-4639-6561
#6EndgamePosted 9/23/2013 10:34:11 AM
You can't steamroll s*** on the higher difficulties. You have to plan every movement and pair up.

Your argument is invalid.

no, no it does not, Lunatic+ can be cleared in 1-2 hours by funneling all the EXP to Avatar and getting him/her to Dark Mage/Sorcerer as soon as possible, then when s/he has Nosferatu, s/he cannot die unless you're stupid enough to let him/her take hits from more than one Counter enemy per enemy phase, or a Lethality proc happens (not likely)

your argument is invalid
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#700bularn00bular(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 8:16:31 PM
Endgame is right. Also, let's try to stick to Sticker Star in this topic.
---
Sonic's Earth IS Earth. This has been proven through science~Nacho_Burger
#8Watt64Posted 9/23/2013 8:24:04 PM
I know. But SPM was way worse. It was so bland and tedious, the villains and story surrounding them, while good, had nothing to do with mario. The gameplay was terrible, and there were so many bad design choices.
---
"So, um, I really want to help. I'll be good, really!"
#9SalsaSavantPosted 9/23/2013 8:27:14 PM
00bularn00bular posted...
Endgame is right.

That is an invalid combination of words.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#10Mariofan15Posted 9/23/2013 8:28:23 PM
Watt64 posted...
I know. But SPM was way worse. It was so bland and tedious, the villains and story surrounding them, while good, had nothing to do with mario. The gameplay was terrible, and there were so many bad design choices.

Lol,no. SPM kept some of the things the series is known for. SS did not.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:1121-2453-7393