Sega: Sonic audience is clearly on Nintendo systems.

#1spealfan444Posted 9/23/2013 4:55:38 PM
http://gimmegimmegames.com/2013/09/sega-sonic-audience-clearly-nintendo-systems-playstation-xbox/

While speaking about Sonic Lost World being a Wii U/3DS exclusive, Sega says that Sonicís fanbase and audience is on Nintendo platforms. This would explain how Nintendo systems typically receive more games with the blue blur than Xbox/Sony devices. It looks like this trend will continue with Wii U getting more Sonic love than Xbox One/PS4 going forward. Sonic brand manager Aaron Webber had this to say:

"If we trace Sonicís third-party roots all the way back to just after the Dreamcast, we released Sonic Adventure 2: Battle on the GameCube and it did phenomenally well. We think thatís because there was a lot of overlap between the Sonic/Sega and Nintendo crowd at that time, and we just found historically that Sonic performs really, really well on Nintendo platforms. Sonic Colors did great, Sonic and the Black Knight did well and Sonic and Secret Rings did well ó all Nintendo. When we look at the numbers, we thought ó this is clearly where our audience is"
---
These boards are a creature of Chaos, they may take many incarnations.
AC: New Leaf Dream Address: 5900-2254-6770. Come visit my town!
#2HanfengLinPosted 9/23/2013 4:59:06 PM
Good for them, realizing what their audience ACTUALLY IS.
#3hyper kobun dashPosted 9/23/2013 5:03:07 PM
... and yet 360 and PS3 got Sonic Generations, but Wii and WiiU didn't(there was the 3DS version, but it wasn't very good) =/
---
"If the PS3 is Casablanca and the 360 is The Godfather, the wii would be Pluto Nash." - StilI_Kirbyfan9
#4PearlshipperluvPosted 9/23/2013 5:09:47 PM
Even so they should release at least one Sonic Game on PS4 and Xbone.
---
Part of the awesome Team Elesa.
Official Phanpy of the Pokemon B2/W2 boards
#5Akuro19Posted 9/23/2013 5:24:44 PM
ok sega. now if you can tell atlus that the audience for them is also on nintendo consoles....
---
we all need a GF with its A & T. yes I do mean Gamefaqs with an Account and the Trollers.
#6powerade911Posted 9/23/2013 5:30:33 PM
This makes the 90s me mad but makes the current me happy. lol
---
If i'm lying, then i am telling the truth... and i'm not so peace out! [-_-] V
3DS: 2852-7176-3469 NNID: DarkBright PSN: Darkbright91
#7Sir_HaxorPosted 9/23/2013 5:34:45 PM
powerade911 posted...

This. My childhood is conflicted although we had a SNES and Genesis. Nintendo vs Sega was the golden age of gaming.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#8pikachupwnagePosted 9/23/2013 5:39:07 PM
hyper kobun dash posted...
... and yet 360 and PS3 got Sonic Generations, but Wii and WiiU didn't(there was the 3DS version, but it wasn't very good) =/

To be fair Wii was losing its luster at that point and Wii U wasn't even out.
---
This is a work of a demon isn't it? Demons here, demons there! It's all so....demoning.
#9Banjo2553Posted 9/23/2013 5:42:14 PM
hyper kobun dash posted...

They probably were pretty intent in making Sonic Generations be an HD experience. That doesn't explain the 3DS version though, but I remember "HD" being their reason.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#10levyjl1988Posted 9/23/2013 5:45:45 PM
Sir_Haxor posted...
powerade911 posted...

This. My childhood is conflicted although we had a SNES and Genesis. Nintendo vs Sega was the golden age of gaming.

Much bigger competition now.
Nintendo against Sony, Microsoft, and Apple. Nintendo and Sega teaming up is pretty good for exclusives. But in the end everyone just wants $$$.
---
I hate games with bad game design