Sega: Sonic audience is clearly on Nintendo systems.

#11SalsaSavantPosted 9/23/2013 5:53:33 PM
hyper kobun dash posted...
... and yet 360 and PS3 got Sonic Generations, but Wii and WiiU didn't(there was the 3DS version, but it wasn't very good) =/

And despite being one of the better recent Sonic games, it didn't sell all that well.

Lesson learned.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#12keyblader1985Posted 9/23/2013 5:53:49 PM
They're not wrong. We all know Nintendo has a certain image compared to Sony or Microsoft, and that image fits Sonic very well.
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/keyblader.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#13ChuckRoastPosted 9/23/2013 6:02:12 PM
SalsaSavant posted...
hyper kobun dash posted...
... and yet 360 and PS3 got Sonic Generations, but Wii and WiiU didn't(there was the 3DS version, but it wasn't very good) =/

And despite being one of the better recent Sonic games, it didn't sell all that well.

Lesson learned.

And apparently, the 3DS version outsold the HD versions combined.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/chuckroast
#14ecco6t9Posted 9/23/2013 10:57:59 PM
Sega realizes what fans told them 12 years ago...
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
#15lambchipsPosted 9/23/2013 11:07:10 PM
Not surprising because most of the people I know that buy Nintendo consoles do it for the cartoon styled games (and nintendo games ofcourse)
^ Im one of those people, when buying Sony and MS I never look at the cartoon games because their library sucks compared to nintendo, why go to a restaurant to buy coke when theres a 7/11 across the street
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#16DBeanPosted 9/24/2013 12:03:37 AM
Even some of the Dimps handheld games were performing neck and neck with the HD Sonic titles. Unleashed sold best on the Wii, Colors Wii/DS sold better than Generations PS3/360, and the mediocre 3DS one is one of the highest third-party sellers to date.

It's time to stop wasting good efforts like Generations on the HD twins. The core audience just doesn't care as much about platformers on those systems.
#17PedroMontanaPosted 9/24/2013 6:45:20 AM
ecco6t9 posted...
Sega realizes what fans told them 12 years ago...

Yes, this reminds me of how the Catholic Church rehabilitated Galileo Galilei in 1992.
---
No More Heroes
#18ObtuseAnginaPosted 9/24/2013 7:24:08 AM
If you would have told someone in the console war era of the 90's that Sega will end up making Sonic games on Nintendo systems, you would probably be laughed at.
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/qtiKuN7.png
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,...Husky Unit, covering the base since 1997.
#19Megaman OmegaPosted 9/24/2013 7:41:01 AM
ObtuseAngina posted...
If you would have told someone in the console war era of the 90's that Sega will end up making Sonic games on Nintendo systems, you would probably be laughed at.

Games that have both Mario and Sonic in them? Are you crazy, dood?
*a few decades later, we get Brawl and M&S at the Olympic Games*
---
LOL at all the whiners and trolls. They know Vita tv and new model will kill all competition. Festering wounds for the Nintendrones by the gallons. - karissa1
#20BahamutBBobPosted 9/24/2013 8:56:08 AM
Akuro19 posted...
ok sega. now if you can tell atlus that the audience for them is also on nintendo consoles....

One series versus a handfull of series. Two very different things. Many of the SMT/Persona games were on Sony consoles, yet SMT4 ended up on 3DS anyway, probably because it was cheapest to develop for. Also, certain developers will prefer one console over another. Sure, Muramasa was originally for Wii, but haven't most of Vanillaware's games been on Sony consoles?

Basically, historically, Atlus games have done well on Sony consoles, while more recently they've had some success on DS and 3DS. If EO were to go Sony exclusive, people would complain. If Persona were to go Nintendo exclusive, people would complain. Sega needs to take a hands-off approach to Atlus, or they'll infuriate fans, killing what trust they might have.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob