any recs for Rage of the Gladiator?

#1MEDUSAvs_SHOEPosted 9/23/2013 8:35:30 PM
absolutely no one is talking about this game. has anyone played it yet? i know it seemed to be like on the Wii, but i'm curious if it's still quality on 3ds.
---
3DS FC: 1504-5709-6186 "traveling around the world"
#2IrateGameFAQerPosted 9/23/2013 8:40:31 PM
MEDUSAvs_SHOE posted...
absolutely no one is talking about this game. has anyone played it yet? i know it seemed to be like on the Wii, but i'm curious if it's still quality on 3ds.

Never played the Wii one, but I do like this game. Very punch out like...it seems a little easy, once you understand what the patterns are...but I'm only on the Warrior difficulty...have one more to unlock.

It could use more fights...after you unlock each new difficulty you're basically rematching all previous bosses w/ new patterns/moves

I do like the upgrading aspect though.

I think it's 6.99...I don't know if I'd recommend it fully at that price just because there's not that many bosses...it's by no means a bad game though. If it goes on sale, it's well worth it.
---
#1 Chris Bores fan!
#3MEDUSAvs_SHOE(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 10:28:34 PM
cool, thanks. yep, 6.27 in the account... guess i'll wait.
---
3DS FC: 1504-5709-6186 "traveling around the world"
#4MarkMiltonPosted 9/24/2013 7:36:43 AM
i like it.

the repeating opponents is kinda lame, but the upgrade system made me want to get "perfects" on all the matches while i grind for more money.

once you max your attack out though, the Novice and Warrior levels are hilariously easy.

i'd say it's worth it's price. and if it ever goes on sale, it's a really a must-buy.
---
If on Decepticon turf you happen to stumble, watch out robot, HERE COMES RUMBLE! ~~ Rumble... duh!
Gamertag: MarkMilton FC: 1977-0327-3304
#5IrateGameFAQerPosted 9/24/2013 7:58:16 AM
MarkMilton posted...
i like it.

the repeating opponents is kinda lame, but the upgrade system made me want to get "perfects" on all the matches while i grind for more money.

once you max your attack out though, the Novice and Warrior levels are hilariously easy.

i'd say it's worth it's price. and if it ever goes on sale, it's a really a must-buy.

I haven't unlocked the final difficulty yet..but I was wondering will I end up being able to buy all upgrades/skills by the time I reach the last difficulty's boss? I pretty much focus on spending money on both...I never buy health/mana recovery items.

Right now I have the smasher/iron shield plus the first rings/amulets...maxed out all first tier skills
---
#1 Chris Bores fan!
#6MarkMiltonPosted 9/24/2013 8:17:00 AM
IrateGameFAQer posted...
MarkMilton posted...
i like it.

I haven't unlocked the final difficulty yet..but I was wondering will I end up being able to buy all upgrades/skills by the time I reach the last difficulty's boss? I pretty much focus on spending money on both...I never buy health/mana recovery items.

Right now I have the smasher/iron shield plus the first rings/amulets...maxed out all first tier skills

yeah, if you grind a bit.

the best way i found to grind was fighting Master Ye on the Warrior difficulty.

he's got easy tells, and you can counter all his moves by simply spamming attacks. buy yourself the Angel's Hammer thingy, and buy the passive that gives you higher damage on counter attacks.

you can, hilariously, knock him out with three counter hits in the first round, then when he starts the second round with his spinning pole-kick, you can knock him out with a combo and special attack.

the third round has him doing his clothesline-kicks, just dodge them and combo him again and you win.

you can get 2k gold in less than two minutes.
---
If on Decepticon turf you happen to stumble, watch out robot, HERE COMES RUMBLE! ~~ Rumble... duh!
Gamertag: MarkMilton FC: 1977-0327-3304
#7IrateGameFAQerPosted 9/24/2013 8:29:36 AM
Thanks for the tips...I actually didn't know you can get more coins after getting three stars...I was just moving forward to the next opponent...looks like I'll be grindng a bit

I think so far my favorites are the Sea Witch, Marzole and the 5 eye monster
---
#1 Chris Bores fan!