Favorite 3DS game released this year so far?

#61DirtBasedSoapPosted 9/24/2013 3:15:44 PM
junkiet23 posted...
Animal Crossing for me but I think Pokemon will top it :)

This exactly.
---
Posting from iPhone 7.
#62DBean(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 5:03:53 PM
Liking all the variety in the answers. I'm going to quickly make a list here of the games I've played so far this year on the device.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf, A
-I was indifferent to both Wild World and City Folk, but this one has the feel of the original with the content to push it over the top. I think it's my favorite in the series.

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, A (at the halfway point)
-Some people hate the tutorials, but I like the fact that the game again has more meat to it outside of it. These areas are pretty huge, and the Real/Dream world gimmick is just as fun as Bowser/Inside Bowser to me. Hope it keeps being awesome as it has a chance to claim the top spot.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, A-
-Not expecting this to be as good. The mission based structure does great things for the return to ghost hunting. I really enjoyed the majority of the missions outside of some in the B-set. The online was also fun with a friend. Again, you can see that content is key for me, and I enjoyed getting top ranks in every mission.

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, B
-It's a remake of a great game. It loses a little bit of luster for me since I played the Wii version and missed playing co-op, but the bonus world stages they added fit into the original game perfectly. I wouldn't mind an original effort from these guys if Retro gets tired of doing things on the console front. It's a solid enhanced port.

HarmoKnight, C-
-This was the worst of the games I've played this year. It had moments where it was clicking with me, but I always felt like the timing was just a bit off in that you had to hit the buttons later than it looked in normal levels, especially the drums and floating enemies in the volcano stages. The adventure was okay, the ending hit a sour note.

Mario & Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move, Incomplete
-The series moves to 3D with this eShop title. I think my favorite mode is the one where you're guiding multiple Minis around on the screen to get them to the goal safely. It's fun, but I haven't played enough of this to give a grade to it as of yet. I can say that I like it more than the other eShop game listed here.

So yeah. I don't know if you'll read all that or not, but those are my opinions on the titles I've played this year. Nintendo's hitting on all cylinders this year on the handheld front, and I hope third parties keep on joining in.
#63Nin3DSFanPosted 9/24/2013 5:37:59 PM
Released this year? Er... maybe Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (or was that last year?) If not, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.

However, Sonic Lost World might overtake it.
---
Gentlemen, we tnodah now!
#64TwilightRaverPosted 9/24/2013 5:41:28 PM
Tied between Fire Emblem: Awakening and Animal Crossing: New Leaf for me, but I have a feeling Pokemon X and Y, and the Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds will match if not surpass at least one of those games. But the former two games are already pretty amazing, and the latter two promise to be amazing as well. Special mention goes to Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, which is also pretty great.
---
Oh, youth... guided by the servant of the goddess...
Unite earth and sky, and bring light to the land.
#65AjidoMarujidoPosted 9/24/2013 10:11:28 PM
I think the only 3DS game I've bought this year is Fire Emblem.

Ask me again in a month, and the answer will almost definitely be Dual Destinies or Pokémon.
---
[[Currently Playing]] -- Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F (PS3), Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS3 and PC)
[[PSN - MilesEdgeworth]] ~ [[XBL - The 22nd]]