Gripping my thumb onto the Circle Pad.

#1TwilightRaverPosted 9/24/2013 5:43:41 PM
I often find my thumb slipping off of the pad when I'm trying to move around my character. There's no grooves or anything in it to help grip my thumb onto it. Is there any way to rectify this? Anything I could purchase or do?
---
Oh, youth... guided by the servant of the goddess...
Unite earth and sky, and bring light to the land.
#2LeanaunfurledPosted 9/24/2013 5:45:26 PM
What? It's the same as the 3DS thumbpad.
---
Currently Playing: GTAV, Monster Hunter 4
3DS FC: 2707-2560-1312 JPN FC 1907-9095-4490
#3mrjack3112Posted 9/24/2013 5:52:46 PM
TwilightRaver posted...
I often find my thumb slipping off of the pad when I'm trying to move around my character. There's no grooves or anything in it to help grip my thumb onto it. Is there any way to rectify this? Anything I could purchase or do?

Wipe down the pad with something dry and wash your hands until they are dry. If that doesn't help maybe a double sided sandpaper, 80 grit maybe. and cut out a round piece the side of the analog and then elmers glue it to the circle pad(in case you want to take it off in the future)
#4aak57Posted 9/24/2013 6:29:23 PM
Well, they're sold out on amiami but I have these and they work well:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=TVG-3DS-00303

Only downside is that obviously, you have to remove it when you close the 3DS. But the grip is far better than the stock feel, and doesn't require you scratching/sanding the circle pad or whatever.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#5TwilightRaver(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 6:47:24 PM
Any idea when those would be sold again or if those are sold anywhere else?
---
#6TwilightRaver(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 8:49:35 PM

---
#7mrjack3112Posted 9/24/2013 8:52:07 PM
... was that a bump? Don't know what to say TC. Maybe stop sweating so much in the hands, maybe?
#8Starwars4JPosted 9/24/2013 8:53:12 PM
TwilightRaver posted...
Any idea when those would be sold again or if those are sold anywhere else?

Those are never coming back. However there's another brand that you can try. I have both kinds and actually prefer the latter:

http://www.yesasia.com/us/3ds-extra-pad-3d-blue-japan-version/1030413189-0-0-0-en/info.html
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#9TwilightRaver(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 9:12:52 PM
Yeah, that was supposed to be a bump. My hands aren't even that sweaty, but my thumb easily slips off the Circle Pad whenever I need to keep it on.

Starwars4J posted...
Those are never coming back. However there's another brand that you can try. I have both kinds and actually prefer the latter:

http://www.yesasia.com/us/3ds-extra-pad-3d-blue-japan-version/1030413189-0-0-0-en/info.html

Sounds interesting, and I'm noticing that there's a bunch of 3DS XL accessories that I've yet to see on any other site (they have several grips and I've only seen one or two on other sites), so I'm a bit curious. I can't seem to find any reviews for stuff... but if you do have it, then I'm hoping it is legitimate. How long did it take for those to arrive?
---
#10Starwars4JPosted 9/24/2013 9:17:55 PM
TwilightRaver posted...
Sounds interesting, and I'm noticing that there's a bunch of 3DS XL accessories that I've yet to see on any other site (they have several grips and I've only seen one or two on other sites), so I'm a bit curious. I can't seem to find any reviews for stuff... but if you do have it, then I'm hoping it is legitimate. How long did it take for those to arrive?

The site is large and certainly legit. I got them about a month ago, so I can't remember exactly how long shipping took, but I believe it was reasonable (within two weeks). What was the killer was waiting for them to ship. They took forever, and delayed it at least once. The item works GREAT though, I can't even describe what a difference it has made in the way I use the system. I can take pictures for you tomorrow if you wish (I'm away from my system at the moment, in a different state actually). I use the one with multiple circles, it's very comfortable.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade