For the next Nintendo handheld...

#1Second_HokagePosted 9/27/2013 11:05:54 AM
Do you want to keep the slide pad or do you want sticks like VITA? Should it keep the clam shell form?
#2R_HunterPosted 9/27/2013 11:11:47 AM
I enjoy the clam shell design personally.

Also as much as i'm surprised to admit it, keep it with two screens. I cannot list how many times having a constant map I could see while still playing/fighting, save my rear.
---
To be fair, the overall plot of the MGS series sounds like it was written by a 7 year old on amphetamines.-CrystalKing5426
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#3Pupu27Posted 9/27/2013 11:15:14 AM
It should keep the clamp shell form. Vita screen is too exposed for scratches and I don't want to slap a screen protector on anything (it's look cheap and reduce the screen quality).
---
Freedom of speech is just an excuse for trolling.
#4volaninPosted 9/27/2013 11:16:05 AM
R_Hunter posted...
I enjoy the clam shell design personally.

Also as much as i'm surprised to admit it, keep it with two screens. I cannot list how many times having a constant map I could see while still playing/fighting, save my rear.

I agree with R_Hunter, the dual screen design is really great. Sure some games use the second screen just as a gimmick, but when properly used, even to display maps and status, it really enhances the game. Much better than switching view modes in a one screen console.

And the clam shell offers a natural protection and enhanced portability. Just tuck the 3DS anywhere and you're ready to go!
#5ChiefDamonGantPosted 9/27/2013 11:24:30 AM
I further keeping the clamshell design.

It really doesn't seem like Nintendo is going to ditch the 2-screen design anytime soon, and now that we've seen what a non-clamshell 2-screen Nintendo portable looks like, I think we can all agree that they're better off sticking to their guns.

I wouldn't mind the circle pad again as long as they made it textured to avoid thumb slipping. Also, I like the solid feel of the original 3DS circle pad over the rubbery feel of the XL/CPP's one.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0001-3567-2030
passid.ca/zai
#6imameliaPosted 9/27/2013 12:55:07 PM
I like the clamshell/double screen design all right, but I would prefer sticks over the Circle Pad. How those two things would work in conjunction I'm not sure, but...my ideal handheld would have two screens (both the same size as the 3DS's top screen and with the bottom one being a touch screen), two analog sticks, the same D-pad and 4 face buttons as usual, and 4 shoulder buttons (I guess Nintendo uses ZL and ZR for the bottom pair). It would be a bit bigger than the 3DS because of the extra stuff, but...oh well.
#7NnamzPosted 9/27/2013 6:48:22 PM
Sticks like WiiU. Clickable but smaller. 2 of them. 1 screen.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Vitavs3DS