Do you think the VITA is a threat to the 3DS?

#71McMarblesPosted 9/30/2013 1:01:50 PM
gldoorii posted...
Vita hate on the 3DS board? *gasp* How original.

I remember those days when people could enjoy more than one brand and system at the same time..

Not being delusional != hate.

What could make the Vita possibly be a THREAT to the 3DS at this point? Solid competition, sure, that's a possibility...
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#72kukingina2Posted 9/30/2013 1:12:20 PM
what's a vita? is that some kind of orange juice
---
Is Metroid's gun part of his armor or is he a cyborg like Data from Star wars?
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#73sonicnewboyPosted 9/30/2013 1:22:12 PM
I don't think it is a threat. I personally don't see the appeal of a Vita even at 200 bucks and with that list of games. Especially since its super expensive to get more storage space for the thing. But if it does do well, then I suppose that could only be good for the 3DS as well, since it would up the competition.
#74McMarblesPosted 9/30/2013 1:25:52 PM(edited)
kukingina2 posted...
what's a vita? is that some kind of orange juice

No, you fool.

It's a brand of herring.

http://static.caloriecount.about.com/images/medium/vita-lunch-herring-sliced-22705.jpg
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#75HalecticPosted 9/30/2013 2:22:59 PM
The Vita is now being marketed by Sony as a $200 PS4 controller
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#76LagPianistPosted 9/30/2013 4:43:38 PM
Number43 posted...
LagPianist posted...
After finally overcoming a yearlong denial, I've come to the conclusion that the Vita is the worst system I've ever owned. Finally smashed that sh*t to pieces with my sledgehammer. Good riddance, back to Fire Emblem

Unless you are very rich that isn't a smart thing to do. You could easily get some cash reselling it.

What's the fun in giving it to a stranger? You have no idea how fun it was to see the processors shatter to a million pieces and the OLED crystal just disintegrate into little pixels and particles. It was f*cking beautiful. It wasn't just because I was mad for being cheated by Sony, but I love seeing things get pulverized. If I had an extra 3DS I would probably do it to that too.
#77mrjack3112Posted 9/30/2013 4:48:42 PM
McMarbles posted...
gldoorii posted...

I remember those days when people could enjoy more than one brand and system at the same time..

What could make the Vita possibly be a THREAT to the 3DS at this point? Solid competition, sure, that's a possibility...

The only threat the vita has to the 3ds. Is it's the only competing handheld console. The word "threat" is giving the vita too much credit though... see my previous post ITT
---
When I get double vision, I just close one eye and I am all better!
#78OoSubaruoOPosted 9/30/2013 4:56:31 PM
LagPianist posted...
Number43 posted...
LagPianist posted...
After finally overcoming a yearlong denial, I've come to the conclusion that the Vita is the worst system I've ever owned. Finally smashed that sh*t to pieces with my sledgehammer. Good riddance, back to Fire Emblem

Unless you are very rich that isn't a smart thing to do. You could easily get some cash reselling it.

What's the fun in giving it to a stranger? You have no idea how fun it was to see the processors shatter to a million pieces and the OLED crystal just disintegrate into little pixels and particles. It was f*cking beautiful. It wasn't just because I was mad for being cheated by Sony, but I love seeing things get pulverized. If I had an extra 3DS I would probably do it to that too.

---
The official Genbu of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#79LightHawKnightPosted 9/30/2013 4:57:37 PM
mrjack3112 posted...
McMarbles posted...
gldoorii posted...

The only threat the vita has to the 3ds. Is it's the only competing handheld console. The word "threat" is giving the vita too much credit though... see my previous post ITT

Is it even competing? I mean to even get close to the 3DS numbers, the Vita has to sell insanely fast soon and the 3DS has to not sell at all. Which is basically impossible, since Pokemon is just around the corner, and that will make 3DS sales explode so much that it will make the 50x as much sales thing for MH seem small.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#80mrjack3112Posted 9/30/2013 5:07:51 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
mrjack3112 posted...
McMarbles posted...
gldoorii posted...

Is it even competing? I mean to even get close to the 3DS numbers, the Vita has to sell insanely fast soon and the 3DS has to not sell at all. Which is basically impossible, since Pokemon is just around the corner, and that will make 3DS sales explode so much that it will make the 50x as much sales thing for MH seem small.

Sadly it seems like the vita won't overcome the 3ds. It should have been showing high peaks a while ago. I don't look down at the vita. For I am interested in playing it with the FFX hd version. But that's really all.
That's a remake! I can get a ps2 and the game for like 100 bucks! As oppose to $200 for the console, plus the $50 dollar game?
---
When I get double vision, I just close one eye and I am all better!