I can't believe I'm not gonna be able to get Pokemon Y launch day.

#31Buttery_ToastPosted 10/1/2013 10:22:04 AM
I won't get it on launch day either.

Amazon free shipping is so slow.
---
My body is always Reggie.
http://backloggery.com/dethbryte
#32Tino_Tonitini2Posted 10/7/2013 12:30:07 AM(edited)
QuagsireQing posted...
Tino_Tonitini2 posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...
People actually didn't know Canada has Thanksgiving in October?

Why is that such a shock?

I don't expect everyone who lives outside of the U.S. to know that Americans observe Thanksgiving in November, let alone that we even celebrate it.

Well, we do. Everybody knows. Most calendars sold in English-speaking countries highlight important holidays for the US, UK, Canada and Australia, at the least, and when two countries are as strongly intertwined as Canada and the US, one would have to be living in a pretty small bubble to be unaware of the other's majour festivities. Not that it may have any bearing on an American's life, but still, how could one not know?

Well, that might explain something. I don't really look at traditional wall or desk calendars anymore and when I do I'm usually not paying attention to the holidays mentioned on them (except for those whose specific date varies yearly, like Easter and Thanksgiving).

I disagree with the bubble comment, or at the very least, I take offense to it.
#33JuhanorPosted 10/7/2013 6:12:03 AM
Buttery_Toast posted...
I won't get it on launch day either.

Amazon free shipping is so slow.

Even with Prime, I'm not getting it until the seventeenth. Kinda stinks, but eh. I can wait, I suppose.
#34SalsaSavantPosted 10/7/2013 6:20:19 AM
Most calendars I but only mention local holidays...

though I have seen a few that mention Canadian and British holidays. But they don't effect me, so I don't pay too much attention. Just "oh, it's Boxing Day apparently. Well, time to get to work."

Honestly, I'm surprised anyone outside the US cares about when our Thanksgiving is.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#35TroutfischPosted 10/7/2013 8:08:58 AM
You should be thankful that X/Y are releasing in October TC.

By the time the real Thanksgiving rolls around you'll be snowed in, eh?
---
PSN: Troutfisch
Dark Arisen Pawn: Troutfisch | Troutfisch | Mira | 143 | Mage
#36dementedlullabyPosted 10/7/2013 8:23:01 AM
Tino_Tonitini2 posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...

I don't expect everyone who lives outside of the U.S. to know that Americans observe Thanksgiving in November, let alone that we even celebrate it.

So because Americans are dense the rest of the world should be dense as well? lol
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam:DementedLullaby
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#37bass260Posted 10/7/2013 8:27:38 AM
Crap!! I hadn't thought of this myself :/ looks like my copy won't be getting here till Wednesday now.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/bass260
Now Playing: Dark Souls, Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy, The Wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD
#38TroutfischPosted 10/7/2013 8:31:42 AM
dementedlullaby posted...
Tino_Tonitini2 posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...

So because Americans are dense the rest of the world should be dense as well? lol

Slow your roll buddy - it's hard enough remembering all the US holidays, so why in the hell would we take the time to learn a holiday we don't even celebrate?

If Americans are dense, then you other people have no common sense.
---
PSN: Troutfisch
Dark Arisen Pawn: Troutfisch | Troutfisch | Mira | 143 | Mage