The Legend of Zelda and Kirby are Nintendo's most violent franchises.

#31robomasteralphaPosted 10/3/2013 2:36:12 AM
mikebrand83 posted...
Dev0311 posted...
Eternal Darkness

I'd still rank that as among my favourite all time psychological/horror game to date.

Nintendo renews the trademark for that every few years, but it'd be nice if they finally did something with it. I'd even settle for just a plain VC release, though a HD update (with controls update, too) would be awesome, and even better would be a proper sequel.

... But yeah, realistically, I'd still settle for even just a plain VC release.

There's a spiritual sequel in the works for Windows and Wii U called Shadow of the Eternals. You might want to check it out.
---
Shop smart. Shop Mario Mart.
#32Solar_CrimsonPosted 10/3/2013 5:00:18 AM
james_heller posted...
So Metroid doesn't exist now?

Neither does Fire Emblem or F-Zero, it seems.
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#33Solar_CrimsonPosted 10/3/2013 5:01:41 AM
Xenesis Xenon posted...
Honestly, I'd put Pokemon as the number one most violent.

It's a worldwide animal fighting league, where trainers give them seizures to learn new abilities (check out the TM animation in Fire Red/Leaf Green), puppy farm hundreds of baby pokemon just for one above average specimen and then just release them into the wild (where they'd probably just die because they are babies raised in captivity as opposed to the wild).

Not to mention that most attacks that Pokemon use in combat would probably be banned under international law in our world.

Pokemon Origins definitely backs this up.
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#34SamA7XPosted 10/3/2013 5:24:39 AM
Second I saw this topic I had to reference Sonic for Hire xD
#35mikebrand83Posted 10/3/2013 1:30:21 PM
robomasteralpha posted...
There's a spiritual sequel in the works for Windows and Wii U called Shadow of the Eternals. You might want to check it out.

I do know of it and have checked it out, which is why I have little hope for it.

Dyack without Nintendo reigning him in? That's what gets us fiascos like Too Human, rather than games like Eternal Darkness and MGS: The Twin Snakes.