Nintendo was a gimmick last gen...

#1Clint_EastStonePosted 10/1/2013 1:48:55 PM
Now, they are a rehash.

I'm of course referring to their business model and how they portrayed their games. Ever since the end of the GameCube era, Nintendo have had to come up with new ways of innovating the way we play games in order to compete and stay relevant in the ever evolving gaming industries.

The DS's touchscreen & double screen made for an interesting combination of gaming, and ultimately payed off in the end, giving us precise touching, dynamic battles, smooth transitions from both screens in the case of platformers, or just plain easy/helpful access to things like the map or inventory.

The Wii mote/motion sensor, though flawed at times, was revolutionary. It allowed Nintendo to go after a new demographic: OLD PEOPLE!.....oh and also non gamers in general. Most people at first only bought a Wii for the packed in game, Wii sports. Now that says something.

Nowadays, Nintendo has been turning into something most fans should of despised: A rehash machine. Every fan would say the only games Xbox or PS has that sells are rehashes of First Person Shooters. But look at Nintendo, all they make now are slightly upgraded platformers. (which was a trend that died out in during the SNES era) A new Zelda every year (which doesn't really make the series special anymore) And when they do try to do something new or different with a franchise (KI:U, FE:A, PM SS, LM DM, etc) it ultimately fails and fails hard in one aspect or another (KI:U has horrible controlls, FE:A wasn't a strategy game it was a JRPG, PM SS just planed sucked in general, and LM DM didn't even feel like it was trying to be scary.) Ever since Galaxy 2 was made, Nintendo found out that they could get away with this BS. Creating games with very little quality and still having dedicated fans. Makes my head spin.

So, in all, id rather Nintendo of stayed a "gimmick" then become another Activision.

*BlogFAQ's*
#2surferguy7Posted 10/1/2013 1:50:40 PM
K.

You're wrong, but k.
---
This is the internet, all opinions are considered invalid.
#3Firelion6593Posted 10/1/2013 1:51:18 PM
So all those Mario/Pokemon games beforehand weren't rehashes? Seems legit.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#4Megaman OmegaPosted 10/1/2013 1:52:25 PM
Clint_EastStone posted...
And when they do try to do something new or different with a franchise (KI:U, FE:A, PM SS, LM DM, etc) it ultimately fails

lol

2/10
---
LOL at all the whiners and trolls. They know Vita tv and new model will kill all competition. Festering wounds for the Nintendrones by the gallons. - karissa1
#5Clint_EastStone(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 1:56:55 PM
Firelion6593 posted...
So all those Mario/Pokemon games beforehand weren't rehashes? Seems legit.

But think for a sec. When was the last proper 2D (you couldn't possibly meen the 3d games) Mario game? 6 Golden coins is the only one I can think of. So at the time, New Super Mario Bro's was actually something new & special. After the Wii version it wasn't.

Also Pokemon did change up the formula each gen, so I wouldn't call them rehashes.
#6Luke_the_Duke15Posted 10/1/2013 1:58:23 PM
You clearly have no clue what you're talking about if you think Nintendo releases a new Zelda every year and platformers (which is what I assumed you meant by "trend") even lost steam suring the SNES era..

Nintendo does release its fair share of rehashes, and IMO Mario's the one that's suffered the most for it, but you're making an imperfect situation seem much worse than what it is.
---
The Duke has spoken!
#7Firelion6593Posted 10/1/2013 1:59:26 PM
But think for a sec. When was the last proper 2D (you couldn't possibly meen the 3d games) Mario game? 6 Golden coins is the only one I can think of. So at the time, New Super Mario Bro's was actually something new & special. After the Wii version it wasn't.

Also Pokemon did change up the formula each gen, so I wouldn't call them rehashes.

If this doesn't make the purpose of this topic clear, I don't know what will.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#8pikachupwnagePosted 10/1/2013 2:01:10 PM
Megaman Omega posted...
And when they do try to do something new or different with a franchise (KI:U, FE:A, PM SS, LM DM, etc) it ultimately fails

lol

2/10

Kid icarus still has a positive reception overall. 83 on meta last I checked, over 1.18 million copies sold and despite the extremely vocal haters(Endgame most notably) is generally more loved then hated.

Fire emblem has been a massive critical success and the biggest sales success in series history. People generally like the game. It is one of the highest rated games of the year and on 3DS.

Luigis mansion also is a critical and sales success and opinions are generally quite good. Critic scores, user reviews/ratings here and this poll I put up all show a overall positive opinion of the game.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/67375782

Paper mario is far more mixed then the rest.
---
This is a work of a demon isn't it? Demons here, demons there! It's all so....demoning.
#9ukokira1Posted 10/1/2013 2:09:49 PM
TC actually thought Luigi's Mansion was horror.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#10Clint_EastStone(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 2:10:52 PM
pikachupwnage posted...
Megaman Omega posted...

lol

2/10

Kid icarus still has a positive reception overall. 83 on meta last I checked, over 1.18 million copies sold and despite the extremely vocal haters(Endgame most notably) is generally more loved then hated.

Fire emblem has been a massive critical success and the biggest sales success in series history. People generally like the game. It is one of the highest rated games of the year and on 3DS.

Luigis mansion also is a critical and sales success and opinions are generally quite good. Critic scores, user reviews/ratings here and this poll I put up all show a overall positive opinion of the game.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/67375782

Paper mario is far more mixed then the rest.

Cheep quality games sell nowadays as long as it has a familiar name on it. And most of the people that liked those games, just got into the series and have nothing else to compare it to. I will admit they don't suck, per say, but the quality drop is obvious.