Nintendo was a gimmick last gen...

#71Marnex15Posted 10/2/2013 6:55:47 PM
I think the great thing about all of this is that you can simply choose not to buy the games. Don't know why complaining about this stuff on a message board will change anything other than aggravate fans that do still enjoy the products Nintendo puts out. I mean, it's great and all that you have an opinion, but insulting people because they choose to keep buying their products is beyond "just an opinion". You don't get to say that people are buying "cheap" products and then expect to get away scotch free with a simple minded response like "but it's my opinion you like to buy crap". Expect salty responses for those silly unfounded remarks.

Regardless, I do agree with you to a certain extent. Nintendo should lay off from some of their series for a bit. I'm happy to see they're actually trying something new with Zelda A Link Between Worlds at least.
#72Clint_EastStone(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 7:30:45 PM
Marnex15 posted...
I think the great thing about all of this is that you can simply choose not to buy the games. Don't know why complaining about this stuff on a message board will change anything other than aggravate fans that do still enjoy the products Nintendo puts out. I mean, it's great and all that you have an opinion, but insulting people because they choose to keep buying their products is beyond "just an opinion". You don't get to say that people are buying "cheap" products and then expect to get away scotch free with a simple minded response like "but it's my opinion you like to buy crap". Expect salty responses for those silly unfounded remarks.

Regardless, I do agree with you to a certain extent. Nintendo should lay off from some of their series for a bit. I'm happy to see they're actually trying something new with Zelda A Link Between Worlds at least.

Again, they aren't crap, per say, but there not that great ether.

The only game that (out of the 4 I mentioned) seemed to have any thought & effort put into it was KI:U. But terrible controls keep it from becoming great.
#73SMASHKING84Posted 10/2/2013 7:48:09 PM
itt:i call every sequel a rehash.

like i said a billion times people like you prove the word rehash has no meaning.

especially if you think tacked on motion controls is innovation.
---
If you don't like what i say, ignore list is there for a reason.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scFHMIqF6kE
#74SignusZerielPosted 10/2/2013 7:49:21 PM
I wish hating on Nintendo for them even being alive was a gimmick that went out of style years ago.
---
GameFak - Power to the trolls, the asses, and the posers.
#75RazieruPosted 10/2/2013 8:00:36 PM
I wish getting boils on your ass because everyone doesn't share a fanboy-esque opinion about Nintendo and chooses to call them out on their no-nos was a gimmick that went out of style years ago too.
---
I am a world-class fisherman. Behold my many catches on GameFAQs alone!
#76Clint_EastStone(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 8:22:15 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...

like i said a billion times people like you prove the word rehash has no meaning.

Sequels done right:

Mario 3
Paper Mario 2
3D Super Mario series
DKC 2
Majora's Mask
Spirit Tracks
Kirby Dream Land 2
Super Metroid
Metroid Prime series
Mother Series
Starfox 64
Fire Emblem Blazing Sword
Pokemon series
Smash Bro's Melee
Megaman 2
Megaman Zero 2
Megaman ZX 2
Castlevania 3
Castlevania DoS
Banjo & Kazooie 2
Sonic 2
Rune Factory 2
SMT DS2
Any Valve sequel.
Assassin's Creed 2
Crash Bandicoot 2
Spyro 2

All games that add, fix, or enhance the experience. Not copy & paste BS, lazy writing, or taking away features.

Motion controls WERE innovative. Now whether they were done right to enhance the games is another thing entirely
#77krazykillerkowPosted 10/2/2013 8:31:30 PM
Clint_EastStone posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...

Sequels done right:

Mario 3
Paper Mario 2
3D Super Mario series
DKC 2
Majora's Mask
Spirit Tracks
Kirby Dream Land 2
Super Metroid
Metroid Prime series
Mother Series
Starfox 64
Fire Emblem Blazing Sword
Pokemon series
Smash Bro's Melee
Megaman 2
Megaman Zero 2
Megaman ZX 2
Castlevania 3
Castlevania DoS
Banjo & Kazooie 2
Sonic 2
Rune Factory 2
SMT DS2
Any Valve sequel.
Assassin's Creed 2
Crash Bandicoot 2
Spyro 2

All games that add, fix, or enhance the experience. Not copy & paste BS, lazy writing, or taking away features.

Motion controls WERE innovative. Now whether they were done right to enhance the games is another thing entirely

But using your criteria, LM DM despite not being the horrorfest that some of us... Apparently thought it was going to be, manged to deepen the experience by adding depth to the combat, length to the came, and various other features that enhanced the experience.

It may seem like i'm nitpicking small irreverent point, but that's what i'm doing.
---
That don't bother me, I don't exist.-carsauce on the subject of vitasurance
#78Shuo_RagnarokPosted 10/2/2013 8:34:39 PM
I think the funniest thing about this is the fact that those who do alot of b****ing and whining about Nintendo and their business practices are running in the grand minority, and they've done so much so far to change how Nintendo does things. (/sarcasm)

While I'm not saying you should stop crying about it, as it does leave for amusing topic content, along the way you should accept the fact that as it stands, you're completely powerless to change anything and complaining on an online forum certainly won't turn any heads. If you're really itching to do something, send some letters, catch them on Twitter at least, spread the info to your friends and their families if they could really be bothered to care about you and your hobby being stomped on.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC:4084-3346-5023
3DS FC: 5069-3924-4114
#79Clint_EastStone(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 8:36:06 PM
i would put LM:DM in the "taking away" section. I wasn't expecting RE or SH levels of horror. But I didn't expect it to drop the theme entirely.
#80Clint_EastStone(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 8:43:41 PM
Shuo_Ragnarok posted...
I think the funniest thing about this is the fact that those who do alot of b****ing and whining about Nintendo and their business practices are running in the grand minority, and they've done so much so far to change how Nintendo does things. (/sarcasm)

While I'm not saying you should stop crying about it, as it does leave for amusing topic content, along the way you should accept the fact that as it stands, you're completely powerless to change anything and complaining on an online forum certainly won't turn any heads. If you're really itching to do something, send some letters, catch them on Twitter at least, spread the info to your friends and their families if they could really be bothered to care about you and your hobby being stomped on.

I'm mainly just doing this for fun. Besides, the only way for a big time company to change it's tactics is with your $