Am I the only one who finds Animal Crossing Boring and Overrated?

#1MarblesbunbunPosted 10/1/2013 3:53:38 PM(edited)
So, am I the only one who feels Animal Crossing is a boring and overrated game?

I tried it back when it was released on the GameCube when my college friend was playing it religiously. Back then, anyone who stopped by his house had a Memory card so they could load and play their game or show him how our cities were doing, etc etc.
After the initial bout of playing, I just found the game boring, tedious and now finding it over rated with so many people I know playing it daily on 3DS.

This entire topic came about after a weird event today. My roommate damaged his 3DS-XL, the top screen was scratched by the bottom. Well Nintendo is fixing it for free, and we sent it out today.
After we sent it out, he immediately asked if he could borrow/use MY 3DS. when I asked why, he immediately replied "So I can do my dailies in Animal Crossing."
I looked at him "You can last a week without playing it."
He got upset, and pouted like a little kid "But my city will be filled with weeds, pitfall seeds and I'll probably have people move out then."
Just wow, talk about forcing players to play there game regularly.. I just never found interest after the few times I played the GC version years ago, and everyone keeps telling me to buy or try it out.
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
#2WoefulyDolorousPosted 10/1/2013 3:51:29 PM
*signs
#3hyperdimeduckPosted 10/1/2013 3:52:36 PM
You are not.
---
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294 NNID: AnimeFan12
Official Kintoki-Douji and Isabeau of the SMT 4 boards
#4Marblesbunbun(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 3:54:13 PM
WoefulyDolorous posted...
*signs

hyperdimeduck posted...
You are not.

Thank you both.
I'm just getting tired of hearing about it or people who are lost in playing it.
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
#5McMarblesPosted 10/1/2013 3:54:57 PM
Yes, you are the only one out of seven billion people, you special snowflake you.
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#6SMASHKING84Posted 10/1/2013 3:57:37 PM
no
I thought it was ever since wild world.
---
If you don't like what i say, ignore list is there for a reason.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scFHMIqF6kE
#7Marblesbunbun(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 3:58:18 PM
McMarbles posted...
Yes, you are the only one out of seven billion people, you special snowflake you.

Yay!
*Smirks* The topic is more of about always hearing or seeing people play this game, almost everyone I know with a 3DS has and plays this game religiously.
---
#8McMarblesPosted 10/1/2013 3:59:46 PM
Now you know how I feel when I hear everyone talking about Breaking Bad.
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#9Mariofan15Posted 10/1/2013 4:00:59 PM
And here we go. An ignorant person saying something is overrated because he doesnt understand why other's like it.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:1121-2453-7393
National Dex Completed:9/26/2013
#10Marblesbunbun(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 4:02:15 PM
McMarbles posted...
Now you know how I feel when I hear everyone talking about Breaking Bad.

I'm 33 hon, I know the feeling entirely.
Though in many cases, I feel like I am missing something.
There are times people rave about a game or movie and I try/see it and find it to be complete and utter crap... then wonder what am I doing wrong? Why didn't I enjoy it and celebrate it like a gift to humanity like other people did.
---