New Nintendo Zone DLC?

#1omegafixPosted 10/2/2013 3:27:33 AM
The New Direct mentioned new Nintendo Zone DLC for

Kid Icarus
Mario Kart 7
Mario 3D Land

and teased about Gold Mii's

anyone have any idea what this all means?
#2KetsuekiBaraPosted 10/2/2013 3:38:29 AM
It means if you go to a Nintendo Zone hotspot during certain periods, you'll get special stuff for those games (similar to how it works with Animal Crossing, I would assume), and/or special gold-pantsed miis for your plaza.
#3omegafix(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 6:22:52 AM
Yes i know that much. The question is whats the DLC gonna be
#4KayubePosted 10/2/2013 6:52:50 AM
Unless there's a big patch for those three games, it'll probably just be the same kind of thing you'd get from a StreetPass, but better.
---
This signature intentionally left blank.
#5esoteric42Posted 10/2/2013 10:47:42 AM
I am curious about this as well.

They stopped doing any Spot Pass releases for Kid Icarus: Uprising a good long while ago.

And as far as SM3DL and MK7, I haven't ever seen anything particularly enticing available as far as Spot Pass since they were released.

It's nice to see Nintendo still supporting their older and more popular games, especially for late adopters.

It's kind of a shame that they can't/don't cycle through Spot Pass stuff. You either get it when it comes out, or miss it entirely.

I was actually worried that Animal Crossing items were going to start drying up soon as well, but I'm glad to see new stuff will be out at Nintendo Zone locations. Gives me a reason to trade with folks from other regions when there are region exclusives.
---
Check out my images from Tomodachi Collection at: http://www.3dporch.com/users/esoteric30
#6TalesOfGodPosted 10/2/2013 10:51:18 AM
Seriously, bring back the Dead Or Alive Dimensions extra costumes/dlc. -_-

I missed out on them a while back and I would love to be able to obtain them at some time.
#790sRetroGamingPosted 10/2/2013 11:58:23 AM
I have a bad feeling the free DLC for MK7 will be some Ghost Data by Nintendo staff. MK7's Spotpass feature (Ghost Data) has to be one of the most worthless features of MK7 by far.

IMO, racing Ghost Data/Time Trials in racing games is a waste of a feature. I just find it boring personally.

I hope the MK7 DLC will be additional characters (if anyone, Toadette is a must for me) and another cup or two of retro courses. Wishful thinking i know...
---
MKW FC: 3008-8379-7294/3DS FC: 1375-7268-6996/http://www.youtube.com/user/OldSchoolGaming4Life