Would 3DS games look better than Wii games if...

#21Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 1:23:24 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Dev0311 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Dev0311 posted...
"We could put in a lot of grass and flowers, and try to make them as pretty as possible. When you don't use the 3D effect you are able to render quite a bit more on the 3DS."

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a516570/pokemon-x-and-y-lack-3d-effect-in-overworld-for-better-visuals.html

Your logic sucks, you really are a n00b lol.

I'm still right. He is saying you can do more when you don't have to worry about making a 3D over world run with a decent FPS count. I'm 100% right and you don't have the slightest clue how to read basic English or how your 3DS works.

Nope you're wrong. The developer said you can render much more without 3D. While you are talking out of your bum about framerates. Completely different things n00b. Now please stop derailing my topic with your nonsense.

You can do more because the game doesn't drop below 30 FPS when you turn on the 3D slider, not because the 3DS is capable of more with no 3D. All you're doing is taking a quote out of context and using it to tell everyone here that you're 100% clueless as to how your 3DS works. Its cute, but you're still wrong.

I'll say this one more time for you, a 3DS with the 3D slider off in a 3D enabled game can process just as much as a 3DS with the 3D slider in any position in a 3D disabled game. When the slider is off there is no processing power going to 3D.

LOL you are a funny n00b. You are the one spreading misinformation and taking things out of context. The developer says absolutely nothing about framerate performance in this interview so why are you even bringing it up?

3D uses processing power, so freeing that up can allow for more polys on screen, etc. = better graphics. I don't know why it's that hard for you to understand. So I don't know why you said "Disabling 3D doesn't magically increase polygon capabilities." cause disabling 3D frees up the processor to do other things... like increase polygon counts.
#22Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 1:26:01 PM
GoldenSun3DS posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
When the slider is off there is no processing power going to 3D.

Actually, that's wrong. If the game can be played in 3D, turning down the slider all the way doesn't stop it from rendering the game in 3D. The game is still rendered in 3D when you turn the slider down, even if 3D is disabled in parental controls (I know this because my 3DS's top screen was once messed up and screwed up the screen in any software that could use 3D, when going into 2D-only software like the internet browser or GB VC would turn it normal).

The game has to be manually switched to 2D-only in the game's settings to cut down on the performance used by 3D. But not many 30FPS 3D-enabled games have this feature.

No, you're wrong. Turning the slider all the way down does stop it from rendering in 3D. That's why when you move the slider in some games like Dead or Alive, the game instantly jumps from 30fps to 60fps.
#23GoldenSun3DSPosted 10/2/2013 3:12:48 PM
Dev0311 posted...
GoldenSun3DS posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
When the slider is off there is no processing power going to 3D.

Actually, that's wrong. If the game can be played in 3D, turning down the slider all the way doesn't stop it from rendering the game in 3D. The game is still rendered in 3D when you turn the slider down, even if 3D is disabled in parental controls (I know this because my 3DS's top screen was once messed up and screwed up the screen in any software that could use 3D, when going into 2D-only software like the internet browser or GB VC would turn it normal).

The game has to be manually switched to 2D-only in the game's settings to cut down on the performance used by 3D. But not many 30FPS 3D-enabled games have this feature.

No, you're wrong. Turning the slider all the way down does stop it from rendering in 3D. That's why when you move the slider in some games like Dead or Alive, the game instantly jumps from 30fps to 60fps.

No, you have disable 3D in settings to get that performance boost. Why do you think it's so easy to switch back and forth between 3D and 2D with the slider?
---
Please sign a petition for getting 3D overworlds in Pokemon X/Y:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bring-back-3d-overworlds-in-pokemon-x-and-y/