Your reaction: Hatsune Miku sings in the next Etrian Odyssey title

#1Semi45aPosted 10/3/2013 6:12:01 AM(edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPKmde-KgfI

kinda of like 7th Dragon 2020. What if sega does that?
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#2KidIcarootsPosted 10/3/2013 6:14:50 AM
Hatsune who?
#3aak57Posted 10/3/2013 6:21:59 AM
Miku Hatsune
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#4Shadow Stalker XPosted 10/3/2013 6:30:10 AM
As long as said Etrian Odyssey game gets localized, I doubt I'll care too much.
---
Stop reading my sig, you are wasting time doing so.
#5TakayaNorikoPosted 10/3/2013 7:28:48 AM
Confused as to why a futuristic virtual idol is singing in a medieval RPG? And confused as to why everyone seems to think Sega owns Vocaloid?
---
I've heard everything! Hand me the dodos!
#6Megaman OmegaPosted 10/3/2013 7:53:34 AM
TakayaNoriko posted...
Confused as to why a futuristic virtual idol is singing in a medieval RPG?

The first two games are actually set in the future. I'm not sure about the others as i didn't play them yet.
---
~~Official Red Mage of the KDF~~~
Sales is trolling! Numbers are trolling! Haters are running around? Better get a thicker skin!
#7AkaneJonesPosted 10/3/2013 5:25:16 PM
TakayaNoriko posted...
And confused as to why everyone seems to think Sega owns Vocaloid?

They publish the video games, as such these people are unaware that Vocaloid is sound synth software created and owned by Yamaha, makers of the most famous brand of Midi keyboards. Basically they were introduced to Miku by way of Youtube about the same time Sega got the rights to make games featuring her(or her live promotion concert that made world news). They are unaware of Yamaha, Midi, and sound synth software. So by way of game makers they think Sega made Miku like Namco made Idol M@ster.
#8XashowdPosted 10/3/2013 5:32:32 PM
As a Cameo, or a Plot Device? I've heard about Vocaloid, but never really checked it out. However, any future EO games on the 3DS are insta-buys for me, so it would be interesting to see how it'd work out in-game.
---
I am Xashowd, the Nocturne Zephyr! Official Darkrai of the Pokemon X/Y Boards.
3DS FC: 3695-0746-1582. Xashowd. PM me if you add me.
#9AkaneJonesPosted 10/3/2013 5:44:58 PM(edited)
Xashowd posted...
As a Cameo, or a Plot Device? I've heard about Vocaloid, but never really checked it out. However, any future EO games on the 3DS are insta-buys for me, so it would be interesting to see how it'd work out in-game.

Well you could just name the blue haired Arcanist in EOIV Miku, I mean her design was clearly loosely based on Miku, where as Miku's was based on Yuna(Mega Man Legends). So it's not like Miku would look all out of place. Still the people at Atlus are the kind of people to only make homages to other characters in EO games, not actual character from other series. Why do you think that's what you get with EO2's Gradriel that isn't Princess Crown's, which would take some explaining.
#10makedouniaPosted 10/4/2013 7:01:29 AM
Shadow Stalker X posted...
As long as said Etrian Odyssey game gets localized, I doubt I'll care too much.

This.