the next handheld will play gamecube games?

#11Number43Posted 10/4/2013 10:52:25 AM
Yeah, I don't think we'll be seeing any more handhelds using optical discs. Sony already tried that but abandoned it for their new system. With the advances in flash memory, tiny optical discs no longer allow greater storage space, and there are several disadvantages, including increased battery drain and larger size.
#12TakayaNorikoPosted 10/4/2013 11:07:36 AM
Megaman Omega posted...
hydrocrush posted...
3DS = able to play powerful upgrades of N64 games like (zelda oot and starfox remake)

N64? Gamecube? Screw that, the 3DS handles Wii ports.

The next handheld will be full Wii games. The down side is that you'll still need to use the Wiimotes with it.
---
I've heard everything! Hand me the dodos!
#13Black_AssassinPosted 10/4/2013 11:10:43 AM
esoteric42 posted...
My question is:
Will the next handheld offer Super Nintendo virtual console games?

Might as well wish for world peace.
---
lowercase
#14sonicnewboyPosted 10/4/2013 11:13:43 AM
Black_Assassin posted...
esoteric42 posted...
My question is:
Will the next handheld offer Super Nintendo virtual console games?

Might as well wish for world peace.

:/
I hate that the Wii U gets SNES games and the 3DS doesn't. The VC is kinda crappy for the 3DS. Every week, just a bunch of meh games.
#15Mech_BattalionPosted 10/4/2013 11:28:49 AM
Nooo, if the Vita can play games that are more graphically enhanced than a PS2, we need a handheld that can play games on the current gen level. Nintendo is always a step behind and it is time for them to make a handheld that can play games as visually striking as The Last of Us or Ratchet and Clank: Crack In Time.

At the very least they need to bump up their game to Vita levels.
#16AxtlarPosted 10/4/2013 11:32:09 AM
Mech_Battalion posted...
Nooo, if the Vita can play games that are more graphically enhanced than a PS2, we need a handheld that can play games on the current gen level. Nintendo is always a step behind and it is time for them to make a handheld that can play games as visually striking as The Last of Us or Ratchet and Clank: Crack In Time.

But the vita sells terribly. No reason to do any of that.
#17n00bsaib0tPosted 10/4/2013 11:35:58 AM
Axtlar posted...
Mech_Battalion posted...

Are you seriously trying to imply that better graphics = worse sales? That's just absurd. The Vita is failing because it launched with no good games and uneducated children trying to feel better about the only handheld mommy would buy want people to continue thinking it has no games.

A system with the power of a Vita and the library of the 3DS would fly off of shelves.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#18NathanisDrakePosted 10/4/2013 11:37:14 AM
Mech_Battalion posted...

Resident Evil: Revelations renders your argument completely invalid.
---
"My pin number is 0001, because I'm number 1!"
- Manfred Von Karma // http://i.imgur.com/k4HdivZ.gif
#19n00bsaib0tPosted 10/4/2013 11:43:47 AM
NathanisDrake posted...
Mech_Battalion posted...

Resident Evil: Revelations renders your argument completely invalid.

RER on 3DS isn't nearly as impressive visually as PS3 games. Let's be real here. RER is great, and its visuals are nothing to sneeze at, but its no better graphically than the RE1 remake.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#20AxtlarPosted 10/4/2013 11:44:48 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Axtlar posted...
Mech_Battalion posted...

Are you seriously trying to imply that better graphics = worse sales?

Yes. That is exactly what my post said.