Pokemon X : 85% on Game Rankings

#281Baha05Posted 10/6/2013 8:50:29 PM
dolphinmage posted...
From what I can tell, each new Pokémon generation revamped a lot by way of gameplay. I'd say that the weakness chart could use some adjustments, but I've never played Pokémon multiplayer, so I can't say how terrible it really is. At any rate, I got the impression that the main-line Pokémon games were pretty solid, which is why they don't see drastic changes to the formula. I'm hardly an expert on the series though, so perhaps there are some flaws I don't see.

They do but it's Raz so he'll try to make anything an issue. Really the gameplay gets revamped, improved a lot then the story.

As for branching stories for separate players I think it works, not much having your character join factions as that's not an aspect of Pokemon.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#282dolphinmagePosted 10/6/2013 9:41:30 PM(edited)
Baha05 posted...
As for branching stories for separate players I think it works, not much having your character join factions as that's not an aspect of Pokemon.

I think you underestimate how much of the story and character interactions would have to be changed for drastically different player characters.
#283Baha05Posted 10/6/2013 9:44:32 PM
dolphinmage posted...
I think you underestimate how much of the story and character interactions would have to be changed for drastically different player characters.

Not really a lot, it wouldn't be that complex.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#284mcsmellingtonPosted 10/7/2013 3:41:13 AM
I'll get this, as I have gotten almost every main Pokemon game since Red/Blue. That said, my interest for the series has dropped massively. Each entry feels less and less exciting, and more like they're just playing it safe.

X and Y looks like the biggest change since... ever, probably, and that's genuinely got me interested. I'm just hoping the updates go beyond visuals, as the formula has definitely gotten stale for me, so is in need of something to spice it up.
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#285Koi_TenchiPosted 10/7/2013 5:02:51 AM
Oh wow, this thread gained like 15 pages since I last checked it and WAHzieru is still WAHing.
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#286Baha05Posted 10/7/2013 5:13:11 AM
mcsmellington posted...
I'll get this, as I have gotten almost every main Pokemon game since Red/Blue. That said, my interest for the series has dropped massively. Each entry feels less and less exciting, and more like they're just playing it safe.

X and Y looks like the biggest change since... ever, probably, and that's genuinely got me interested. I'm just hoping the updates go beyond visuals, as the formula has definitely gotten stale for me, so is in need of something to spice it up.

I'd half give you that (I felt that out of all 5 Generations, only R/B, G/S, R/S, D/P, B/W were the ones that changed up the gsames enough while all the 3rd versions and the remakes were playing it safe)

Hell during a few of those in between G/S and B/W I didn't feel that magic. The B/W revived it by giving me that childhood experience of playing a fresh Pokemon game.
---
#287mcsmellingtonPosted 10/7/2013 6:03:02 AM
Baha05 posted...
mcsmellington posted...

I'd half give you that (I felt that out of all 5 Generations, only R/B, G/S, R/S, D/P, B/W were the ones that changed up the gsames enough while all the 3rd versions and the remakes were playing it safe)

Hell during a few of those in between G/S and B/W I didn't feel that magic. The B/W revived it by giving me that childhood experience of playing a fresh Pokemon game.

Yeah to be fair, I'm sure if you delve deep enough into all of them there are indeed some decent changes. There just weren't enough immediately apparent changes though to combat the 'played this before' feeling I'd get a few hours into each entry.

I think that's why changing up the graphical style is such a good idea, because straight away everything's got a new feeling to it.
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#288VSHPosted 10/7/2013 7:06:48 AM
ITT: People took the bait from a known troll.
---
"There is a tool for every task, and a task for every tool." Tywin Lannister.
#289dolphinmagePosted 10/7/2013 7:26:59 AM
Baha05 posted...
dolphinmage posted...

Not really a lot, it wouldn't be that complex.

Having the option to choose your gender isn't that complex, but different ages would be considerably more so. I can't think of any games that allow you to choose the age of your character, but I can think of many that let you choose your gender. Why do you think that might be?

Also, I don't think it would make the story considerably better to just insert a half developed branching path based on age if they aren't going to change enough between the child and adult paths to make you actually feel like you are playing as that age group. I find it annoying when the dialogue is barely altered to reflect the difference in gender of the player character, but gender is usually a minor thing in the worlds of games that allow you to choose it.

Not to mention that you claimed that my idea for factions wouldn't work b/c Pokémon games don't do that. You are forgetting about the evil teams and their ideologies as well as the Professors and their theories. Not to mention that the Elite Four could be given some sort of mission or something aside from sitting around waiting for people to challenge them. There is already a foundation for allowing the player to choose what type of pokemon trainer they want to be, but there is nothing to suggest that Gamefreak would ever allow a playable adult character.
#290RazieruPosted 10/7/2013 10:08:08 AM
Koi_Tenchi posted...
Oh wow, this thread gained like 15 pages since I last checked it and WAHzieru is still WAHing.

Oh wow, Chi Chi comes in *****ing with yet another generic one liner she only knows how to post to express the anguish she's suffering from her sore buns.

Yet she claims I'm "WAHing". <--- I guess that's what you would call a word too, dear.

And I see Ba Har Har is still trying to promote his heavily flawed fanboyisms still. Let the chap be. He thinks he's right all the time anyway jabbering endlessly with that nonsense of his. Pretend you agree with him; he'll go away. That's all he wants.
---
I am a world-class fisherman. Behold my many catches on GameFAQs alone!