Just tried Project Mirai 2's demo on the JP 3DS...

#1Primum_MobilePosted 10/4/2013 10:03:03 PM
Definitely a buy from me, not sure if it will be day one purchase though (don't have time to play right now).

Gameplay is kind of different from Project Mirai. So there's still a reason to own the first game if you didn't get it, i think. Need to see the new song list to know for sure.

There are 2 modes now: touch mode and button mode

touch mode, at the easiest difficulty, is just like the event song for theatrhythm, except better, cuz the cursor move at set speed instead of randomly changing speed >_>. But medium and hard difficulty (don't know what else to call them in english) makes you touch 2 and 3 different sections of the touch screen, respectively. Honestly I don't like it, cuz it's color coded, and for some reason i have a hard time doing 3 colors at once. Overall still a good mode, and i would like to play more to get better at it.

button mode is similar to the original Project Mirai. Still only use 4 button (ABXY or the d-pad), but now you can choose if you want the primary display to be ABXY or 4 directional arrows. Instead of going around circle, the notes appear on a track that you move along as the song progresses. Most notable improvement is that the game tracks your combo count now, a plus for hi-score chaser or just looking for reason to keep playing. There are also a few other new mechanics, but w/e, people who can play it can find out themselves :P

Definitely a pleasant surprise for me. I was gonna play MH3U last night. Instead I played this demo for 3 hours straight >_<. I would definitely recommend people to try it if you like rhythm games.
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#21upsuperPosted 10/4/2013 10:06:43 PM
Interesting. I'll check out the demo.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/1upsuper
Official Frost Five of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#3esoteric42Posted 10/5/2013 7:46:34 AM
I spent last evening playing the heck out of E.X. Troopers.
---
Check out my images from Tomodachi Collection at: http://www.3dporch.com/users/esoteric30
#4Primum_Mobile(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 8:35:13 PM
i find ex trooper's demo meh. Doesn't make me want to keep playing the demo.
not saying ex tropper is meh or anything (i wouldn't know), just the demo. Played once and I've seen enough.
---
#5LeanaunfurledPosted 10/6/2013 8:41:51 PM
Didn't know there was a demo. Haven't played a Project Mirai game before but after playing Theatrhythm and loving it I've been more interested in rhythm games. Will check the demo out tomorrow. :) Thanks.
---
Currently Playing: GTAV, Monster Hunter 4
3DS FC: 2707-2560-1312 JPN FC 1907-9095-4490
#6ilikepie641Posted 10/6/2013 8:45:30 PM
Sometimes i wish i had a japanese 3ds...
---
3DS Friend Code: 2294-3549-5852
Accounts: Twitter: goo.gl/634tj / Deviantart: goo.gl/PY5i9 / Youtube: goo.gl/khLoj / Facebook: goo.gl/e9MH6
#7wasabi5858Posted 10/6/2013 9:09:46 PM
I am going to import the game anyway but it is nice that the demo is out. Thanks for reminding me. Demo downloaded, off to play!
#8hydra_dragonPosted 10/6/2013 10:07:17 PM
I hope you can download the game. I don't really feel like importing it. I can download the game within an hour, but if I import, it will be like a month and a half wait.
---
Snitches are everywhere on GameFAQs
#9Primum_Mobile(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 10:18:31 PM
pretty sure the eshop says this WILL be available in the eshop (unlike the air traffic controller games i would have love to buy -_-)
---