What's your opinion on DLC?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What's your opinion on DLC?

User Info: Binba442

Binba442
3 years ago#1
DLC? The good, the bad, or the overpriced? - Results (380 votes)
DLC is great. No matter what form. I buy it all >:D
2.89% (11 votes)
DLC Is ok, when it's only cosmetic and cheap
11.84% (45 votes)
I have no strong feelings either way
12.63% (48 votes)
DLC is bad... I feel reluctant to buy it when I do, which isn't often
8.68% (33 votes)
DLC is cool when it's done well, done after release, good price, so on.
48.68% (185 votes)
DLC is the devil incarnated in Digital form
15.26% (58 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Most games on Nintendo platforms have dodged the mixed blessing of DLC. What do you think?
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013

User Info: BowtiesAreCool

BowtiesAreCool
3 years ago#2
I think they should release full games, keep new ideas for the sequels or offer new challenges for free. It's already a bad thing paying 59,99 dollars for a game that lasts 30 hours, but it's outright theft charging more if the player wants more content that could easily be inside the full game.
Nihon Falcom > Square Enix > Konami > Atlus > Capcom
Sony > Nintendo > Microsoft

User Info: Wallydraigle

Wallydraigle
3 years ago#3
My opinion is that it's a way to get people to pay extra for content that should have been included in the game to start with. Just a money grab. That's all.
Always interested in any Pokemon event distribution cartridges. My email is in my profile.

User Info: Groudon199

Groudon199
3 years ago#4
It depends. If it's content that's already on-disc, I don't really like it. If it's actually new content, like the downloadable Rock Band songs (that definitely couldn't all fit on a Blu-ray disc), I'm fine with it.

User Info: Lord_Frood

Lord_Frood
3 years ago#5
I don't mind it, as long as the DLC wasn't day one/week one type stuff. Take the new multiplayer modes in RE6 for example. Those came out like a year after release and added a lot of content. Good DLC done right.

The new Shantae would do it right as well. They say they wouldn't have the proper funding to do all of the un-met stretch goals, so they'd release them as DLC later.

DLC done wrong would be things like day one, color swaps, costumes, etc;

I'm actually okay with things like map packs so long as they're cheap and made outside of that first month window. CoD is f***ing miserable though, asking for (I think) $5 a map.
"PS3 is my favourite hentai game." - TakayaNoriko
http://youtu.be/ROk_XmYV_WI

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
3 years ago#6
Groudon199 posted...
It depends. If it's content that's already on-disc, I don't really like it. If it's actually new content, like the downloadable Rock Band songs (that definitely couldn't all fit on a Blu-ray disc), I'm fine with it.

If Bowties is to be believed, all 2000+ of those songs could have been on RB1 in 2006 for $60.
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile

User Info: Binba442

Binba442
3 years ago#7
n00bsaib0t posted...
Groudon199 posted...

If Bowties is to be believed, all 2000+ of those songs could have been on RB1 in 2006 for $60.

Licencsing. You can't put 2000 songs on disk, with licences, and still make a profit and hit release.
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013

User Info: pyrotempestwing

pyrotempestwing
3 years ago#8
If the game's already in print and they're just now beginning to design DLC, it's fine.
FC's: B1: Lexi 2365-9525-1918; B2: Misaki 4213-1809-7119 3DS FC: Thomas 5069-4431-9392
Yeah, I'm a crossplayer. Deal with it.

User Info: Kaerose

Kaerose
3 years ago#9
It entirely depends on how the DLC is executed. There's silly stuff like horse armor and then there's awesome expansions like the shIvering isles and tiny tina's Assault on dragon keep

User Info: Axtlar

Axtlar
3 years ago#10
lol, I posted that last option just yesterday.

And I stand by it.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What's your opinion on DLC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived