Getting a 3DS with the new Pokemon games coming up. Some questions.

#1Chrikke666Posted 10/6/2013 11:16:55 AM
The last Nintendo console I owned was a GBA SP many years ago. I never really stopped playing Pokemon thanks to Smogon and battle simulators, but with this seemingly huge gameplay overhaul I'm going to pick it up again.

So:

1- I'm probably going to buy the regular 3DS because it's my understanding that it's cheaper, and the XL doesn't come with a charger. Feel free to attempt to sway me on this, or correct me if I'm mistaken.

2- Whilst waiting for the game to drop in my mailbox, I'll probably get FE: Awakening. I was a big FE fan back when I had it on GBA. My question on this is regarding the Nintendo eShop. I could buy FE: Awakening through Nintendo's eShop, download it to my SD card, and then once X/Y are out, have both in my 3DS at all times without the need to swap cartridges. Is that right?
---
LoL EU West: Sabrewylf
#2KinjiMuto_3Posted 10/6/2013 11:18:33 AM
1. It's only in Europe that the XL doesnt come with a power adapter.

2. This is correct.
---
Not Changing till John Morrison wins a World Championship - Started 12/23/08
#3Chrikke666(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 11:23:30 AM
Well, I live in Europe. So the regular 3DS it is. Thanks for clarifying my second question too :)

On another note, do eShop purchases tend to be cheaper than physical cartridges?
---
LoL EU West: Sabrewylf
#4TalesOfGodPosted 10/6/2013 11:24:20 AM
1: To be honest, I would say that the XL is much better than the original 3DS. If you are going to buy the 3ds new then I see no reason to not buy the XL when it is much superior to the 3DS at a similar price.

2: Yes that is correct. Just make sure that you are using the same eshop money that is for your account and make sure that the game is the same type as your 3ds as importing a Europe FE A won't work with a US 3ds.
#5TalesOfGodPosted 10/6/2013 11:25:10 AM
Chrikke666 posted...
Well, I live in Europe. So the regular 3DS it is. Thanks for clarifying my second question too :)

On another note, do eShop purchases tend to be cheaper than physical cartridges?

To be honest, they tend to be the same amount although with a game like FE A, you won't want to get rid of it anytime soon.
#6brolynickPosted 10/6/2013 11:42:04 AM
Don't not get the 3DS XL just because the power adapter isn't included. At the most it's 10 euros extra. I've played on both, and trust me, the bigger screen is a must have.
---
Chris Jericho is better than God.
#7ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 10/6/2013 11:45:50 AM
Have you considered buying the new 2DS? It's much cheaper than the either of the two models and includes a charger:

http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/2ds;jsessionid=28F0E47F09CD0A8ED6E6A14DD15B5E55

I'm not sure if it's coming out on Europe by October 12th as well though.
#8NathanisDrakePosted 10/6/2013 11:56:14 AM
Aside from price and the absence of an adapter(which only cost around 5), there's absolutely no reason NOT to get an XL over the original.
---
"My pin number is 0001, because I'm number 1!"
- Manfred Von Karma // http://i.imgur.com/CVFgSqj.jpg