>_<, i want those Dragon Quest games localised please SE..

#31VyersPosted 10/8/2013 12:40:39 AM
What evidence is there to suggest that is true? DQIX was its peak. Every game since DQIX has been fairly disappointing. Anecdotally, the trade-in value for DQVI is among the lowest for all of the Dragon Quest games. DQIX was a wonderful exception to the rule that DQ doesn't sell, but yeah... 'exception'.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#32Sir_HaxorPosted 10/8/2013 12:45:49 AM
Vyers posted...
KH and FFXV make a lot, lot more money than DQ in the west, unfortunately.

Honestly, ever since DQIX I've felt "done" with any DQ sequels. Their direction of making the games feel like MMOs/actually being MMOs is something I don't want anything to do with.

That's part of the problem. The same people who complain about the lack of DQ buy KH and FF in bulk thus giving SE an excuse to ignore it.

Consumers hve to start pulling reverse Capcom tactics. "We won't support series XY if you don't support Z". Of course no one has the self control to commit to such strategies meaning less franchises gaining support.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#33VyersPosted 10/8/2013 12:50:48 AM
Who buys them in bulk that also demands DQ (even though that doesn't matter because buying KH doesn't prevent DQ from being bought by those people).
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#34Sir_HaxorPosted 10/8/2013 1:06:43 AM
Vyers posted...
Who buys them in bulk that also demands DQ (even though that doesn't matter because buying KH doesn't prevent DQ from being bought by those people).

I'm saying that if people boycotted SE overall they'd be forced to change their practices. The same people who want FF remakes on handhelds are going to buy FFXV when it releases. Why should SE cater to these people when they're going to still buy whatever FF game that releases anyway? Obviously, every FF fan doesn't care about those remakes, but if the ones that do make up a nice portion of SE profits they would notice.

I don't really know how many western DQ fans they are so I was just talking out of my ass in that regard.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#35badboyPosted 10/8/2013 1:13:14 AM
DQ8 iOS looks amazing: http://app.famitsu.com/20131008_247791
#36beavisjonesPosted 10/8/2013 1:14:14 AM
chestershadow posted...
Vyers posted...
Look, I get it - DQ is awesome. But we have to remember - DQ isn't successful outside of Japan. SE right now simply cannot afford to hope that the next DQ release will be the one bit of magic that makes up for all but DQIX selling kind of poorly.

You do realize Nintendo fronted alot of the cost for those right? DQ has been steadily doing alittle bit better in the US. Unfortunately, the window of opportunity may have close for Terry's wonderland (i would kill for this btw) because of pokemon's imminent us release.

I think it would actually be the perfect time to release them. The new pokemon games will help increase the amount of 3ds owners and once they're all done with pokemon they will be looking for more of a similar game.
#37McMarblesPosted 10/8/2013 6:56:13 AM
moogle69 posted...
my god, they are such ****s to us, this is not psp fools. yes, i am losing patience and am breaking down :O.

Squeenix heard you. You said "iOS ports", Japan-only" and "more Lightning", right?
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#38Zohar_MetatronPosted 10/8/2013 8:54:02 AM
Vyers posted...
What evidence is there to suggest that is true?

Actually, what evidence is there to suggest that it isn't? Have actual hard numbers ever been released?

I'd point out that we're discussing the same company who just had a "nearly four million retail copies sold in the first month, not counting Steam/GMG/Amazon digital/etc." release and considered it a underperforming failure.
---
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.
#39ecco6t9Posted 10/8/2013 11:33:40 PM
Nintendo helps rebuild the franchise here in the states and this is how Square Enix repays them.

I will pass on Bravely Default now since Square Enix will most likely move that franchise to mobile as well.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
#40SMASHKING84Posted 10/8/2013 11:38:05 PM
the reason dq and dq ix succeded in us was because THOSE GAMES WERE ACTUALLY ADVERTISED.
seriously the only adds i EVER saw on tv for a dq game was 8 and 9 and 9 i had see it at LEAST 10 times a day on CARTOON NETWORK(seriously the fact they advertised on that channel was probally the best chance they had to succeed)
---
If you don't like what i say, ignore list is there for a reason.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scFHMIqF6kE