I had a great idea for Nintendo's next handheld.

#11McMarblesPosted 10/9/2013 6:03:36 AM
iKhan88 posted...
The Nintendo DS LTE

That's right, a handheld with data. I feel like urs getting more and more difficult for handhelds to compete with smartphones, so why not adopt their strategy by selling a subsidized loss leader device. So with a purchased data plan, the device would only be around 50 dollars, this would allow it to compete with smartphones in the area of price.

Nintendo's really pushed online well on their handhelds, so the idea of being able to play online anywhere sounds great.

Of course they'd also have a wi-fi model.

Thoughts?

Because that 3G Vita was such a huge hit.
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#12Alias_NemesisPosted 10/9/2013 6:48:05 AM
McMarbles posted...
iKhan88 posted...
The Nintendo DS LTE

That's right, a handheld with data. I feel like urs getting more and more difficult for handhelds to compete with smartphones, so why not adopt their strategy by selling a subsidized loss leader device. So with a purchased data plan, the device would only be around 50 dollars, this would allow it to compete with smartphones in the area of price.

Nintendo's really pushed online well on their handhelds, so the idea of being able to play online anywhere sounds great.

Thoughts?

Was it?
---
PSN:Gilthas_Grear - Now Playing Tales of Xillia & GTA5 http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18cj2deav6gb4gif/ku-xlarge.gif
#13badboyPosted 10/9/2013 6:59:19 AM
3GS LiTE
#14arvilinoPosted 10/9/2013 7:21:57 AM
They could make it a "3rd pillar" sort of like the DS in that if it isn't popular it could be swept under the rug and the Nintendo HDS would be the next generation, but if it is popular it's the basis for Nintendo handhelds.
---
"The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time."
#15McMarblesPosted 10/9/2013 7:55:55 AM
Alias_Nemesis posted...
McMarbles posted...
iKhan88 posted...
The Nintendo DS LTE

Thoughts?

Was it?

[McBain]THAT'S THE JOKE.
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#16airfoemoePosted 10/9/2013 8:32:01 AM
BlindFanboy posted...
And then casuals will confuse it with a DS Lite and say "what's the point of that? I already have a 3DS. Why would Nintendo start making the Lite again?"

Basically what is happening with the Wii U right now "I don't want an expensive tablet accessory for my Wii."

Calling it the 3DS 4G would fix that.

On Topic: To be subsidized, it'd have to be a smartphone. Which is possible if they ever made a slide out screen design.