Um... what's going on? Developers seem to be abandoning 3DS for IOS? Um... what?

#1mtjormitchPosted 10/9/2013 1:54:43 PM
Seriously, with how damn many terrrible things Square has said within the last 48 hours I am in absolute shock with how crap their decisions are. They seemingly have completely and utterly ignored the HUGE 3DS market completely with any and all of these games and even are flat out remaking games without going to 3DS, the largest money making console out now.

Honestly, at this point. I want Square Enix dead and buried along with all this IOS crap. Anyone that buys any of them is supporting a cancer anymore and anyone that denies that is obviously in denial.

Seriously, what is going on right now? Are these developers just leaving because they can't actually sell anymore and are just in a insane money chasing scheme or is the 3DS starting to die off in front of us. I mean, what is even coming out next year? It seems most of the games are coming out either this year or VERY early next year... what about all the other games for next year? What is even going on?
---
Story in video games have gotten more important than gameplay nowadays. I recommend dealing with this fact and learning that this is now a storytelling medium.
#2fire2boxPosted 10/9/2013 1:58:41 PM
The last good square game was the World Ends with You.

Final Fantasy is a shell.

Kingdom Hearts has proven to be convoluted to be anything more then a joke.
---
Ivy bridge i5 3570k @3.40GHz | 8 GB DDR3 | single XFX 7870| OCZ 600W Modular. Nvidia, AMD, Intel for life!!
3DS FC: 2208-5221-4039
#3mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 2:04:16 PM
fire2box posted...

What does any of this have to do with anything I have said other than them being some of the most major dumb asses in the entire industry?
---
Story in video games have gotten more important than gameplay nowadays. I recommend dealing with this fact and learning that this is now a storytelling medium.
#4Ace-of-ClubsPosted 10/9/2013 2:06:26 PM
I just want SE or Nintendo or SOMEBODY to localize Dragon Quest VII 3DS in America. Then they can go bankrupt/focus on phones/do whatever idiocy they want. Just give me that game, and I can go forget about the company forever.
---
The Artist Formerly Known As Mottman.
#5WinsagePosted 10/9/2013 2:06:34 PM
mtjormitch posted...
fire2box posted...

What does any of this have to do with anything I have said other than them being some of the most major dumb asses in the entire industry?

He's saying that SE is terrible and you really shouldn't pay much attention to them.
---
NNid: Windsage
#6The_DOAMPosted 10/9/2013 2:10:51 PM
fire2box posted...

They still have nostalgia

With that I'll say their handhelds have been alright games like Crisis Core, Dissidia, Theatrythm, and Kingdom hearts is a story issue. Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep is a prequel and if you pretend the other games don't exist it's actually a rather good game.

Everything else though related to consoles and IOS has been absolutely terrible in my opinion.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#7ChemicalBurritoPosted 10/9/2013 2:14:10 PM
mtjormitch posted...
Seriously, with how damn many terrrible things Square has said within the last 48 hours I am in absolute shock with how crap their decisions are.

Five words: Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
---
My game collection: http://chemicalburrito.com
Now: Enjoying the summer ...
#8xIvan321Posted 10/9/2013 2:19:50 PM
blah blah blah SQUARE ENIX IS THE ONLY PUBLISHER IN THE WORLD GRAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! ****ING SON OF A *****!!!! FINAL FANTA****!!!!
---
jedinat posted...
Yes, the pixels are bigger when the pixels are bigger.
#9mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 2:23:27 PM
ChemicalBurrito posted...
mtjormitch posted...
Seriously, with how damn many terrrible things Square has said within the last 48 hours I am in absolute shock with how crap their decisions are.

Five words: Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Funny enough, it wasn't a bad decision in reality, they just sucked at the execution massively. Heck, the CGI STILL holds up. Gotta admit on how impressive that is. But what Square has done in the past 48 hours is breathtakingly bad.
---
#10BuretsuPosted 10/9/2013 2:46:11 PM
How dare they ignore the huge 3DS market in favor of the even more massive iOS/Android market? It's almost as if Square-Enix is a business who's goal is to make money, and not just cater to a vocal minority.
---
9/17/2013: A dark day in history. SEGA Sammy acquires Index.
RIP: Atlus games ever leaving Japan