Um... what's going on? Developers seem to be abandoning 3DS for IOS? Um... what?

#31mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 3:42:41 PM
Buretsu posted...
Razieru posted...
Hey everyone, listen to this wonderful short story:

A couple of salty guys making whiny topics are steadily increasing. The ***** about companies, Square in particular, making a whole bunch of remakes and ports of OLD games for iOS devices who could use the attention and become dedicated gaming devices as well.

They're part of this "video game system master race" who bunches their panties because they are ignorant of the fact that they're aiming SO low, wailing about wanting all these remakes and ports on a current gen system, like it doesn't have its fair share of that crap already and little else of something FRESH and appealing.

In the mean time, they also play willfully ignorant to the fact that any other time they're too busy following or contributing the hip trend of slamming Square, among others, in angst for not committing to their "master race" philosophies. They are SO entitled, thrashing about with their little crusade.

Alas, Square will continue making money; they'll still contribute to that fact while Square seeks even more avenues to make even more money like any normal business would. Then their anguished reality caves in on them; they realize no one cares or even hears their sobbing on their lonely little GameFAQs island.

THE END

10/10. Would recommend.

Isn't Square Enix currently hemorraging money though? Wasn't their console offerings so undersold that they are in this mess, not only because of creating piss poor video games and not even advertising them, but also INSANE development schedules that make Valve look productive. Heck, after the initial FF13 VS news we had to wait 6 to 7 years for confirmation that it was still being made!

Heck, and FF14 was such a money squander that if they hadn't went into emergency mode then they would be dead by now with how screwed they were with it.

Honestly, Square is literally a walking corpse just trying to find a couple humans to try and devour before it finally succumbs to rot. The fact is that Square Enix is LUCKY to even survive with how crap they are at what they do anymore. Oh, and don't forget that Deus Ex and Sleeping Dogs are going to be social video games because of Squares Enix's influence.
---
Story in video games have gotten more important than gameplay nowadays. I recommend dealing with this fact and learning that this is now a storytelling medium.
#32AceMosPosted 10/9/2013 3:42:50 PM
Buretsu posted...
AceMos posted...
^ what is your proof that they wouldnt sell well ont he 3DS/vita digital shops

this was to buretsu

Square-Enix obviously don't think they would.

SE has not shown much smarts in any department lately not a good argument
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#33mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 3:43:13 PM
Buretsu posted...
Baha05 posted...
Buretsu posted...
I love how you ignore vowels, spell-check, good grammar, and the fact that games cost money to make and port.

Yet you still ignore the fact that they could Multiplatform these titles for the fanbase that wants them on consoles/handhelds. Besides it would be money well spent to grab not one but 2 markets.

Fascinating. May I see the results of the market analysis you performed in order to come to this conclusion? I'd like to see the predictions that led you to the conclusion that it actually would be money well spent, assuming you're not just talking out your ass, that is.

Because it is common sense.
---
Story in video games have gotten more important than gameplay nowadays. I recommend dealing with this fact and learning that this is now a storytelling medium.
#34mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 3:47:54 PM
Baha05 posted...
Buretsu posted...

Square Enix also though Final Fantasy ATB was a smart idea or that we would have a XIII series with three different titles.

This exactly. Almost all of their decisions within the last month alone have been nothing but horrible ideas. The only thing good was a Drakengard 3 localization. That is literally all the good they have done as a developer and publisher for months now. And even with Bravely Defualt they have managed to screw up with microtransactions. I was actually going to preorder it but now almost all my interest in it is down the freaking drain.
---
#35ecco6t9Posted 10/9/2013 10:36:04 PM
The issue would be solved if they just ported the iOS games to eShop and PSN Vita. And they would sell to everyone.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
#36chestershadowPosted 10/9/2013 10:44:32 PM
Ace-of-Clubs posted...
I just want SE or Nintendo or SOMEBODY to localize Dragon Quest VII 3DS in America. Then they can go bankrupt/focus on phones/do whatever idiocy they want. Just give me that game, and I can go forget about the company forever.

This, although I want DQM more than 7. (I really want both, but if I had to pick only one, DQM for me. I sank over 450 hours into the original gbc game).
#37zinformantPosted 10/9/2013 10:50:46 PM
We have to trust that the market analysts--who actually have numbers--can make informed decisions regarding their releases, what to do with their money, in other words. We do not have to like it, but I guarantee if the argument of 'They're not giving us what the fans want.' had merit, they would. The 'fans' (paying customers) are divided, and there are enough of them buying software on mobile and i-devices such that we are seeing less risky projects on dedicated gaming devices, which we would all prefer to see. It's ugly, but it's not a difficult concept.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
No news now-
#38NathanisDrakePosted 10/9/2013 11:43:31 PM
Two words:

Bravery.Deafulto.
---
"My pin number is 0001, because I'm number 1!"
- Manfred Von Karma // http://i.imgur.com/CVFgSqj.jpg
#39MivoPosted 10/10/2013 1:44:13 AM
I don't fully understand why people are surprised by this. The iOS and Android markets are huge, and more and more people have smartphones and tablets, developers can cut out the middlemen (other than Apple/Amazon/Google), and potential buyers don't need to buy a dedicated gaming system.

Heck, just look at an iPad or the Nexus 7.2 as gaming devices/handhelds. They can do plenty of other stuff, but even if you just game on them, you have powerful systems. I have a 3DS (and a DSL, DSi), an iPad 2 and an Android 7 (2013), and I use them all for gaming. For JRPGs, the touchscreens work well. For other genres, not so much. I picked up a Moga controller (much like the X360 controller, just for Android) that makes the Nexus solid for platformers too.

If you're a gamer, you are about the games, not the hardware you run them on. Gaming on the iOS or Android is cheaper, too, game-wise. Then again, I have never been hung up on systems (also have a couple PSPs, had a Lynx, the whole GB family), so maybe my perspective is unusually tolerant.
#40TiaelPosted 10/10/2013 4:50:05 AM
mtjormitch posted...
Baha05 posted...
Buretsu posted...

Square Enix also though Final Fantasy ATB was a smart idea or that we would have a XIII series with three different titles.

This exactly. Almost all of their decisions within the last month alone have been nothing but horrible ideas. The only thing good was a Drakengard 3 localization. That is literally all the good they have done as a developer and publisher for months now. And even with Bravely Defualt they have managed to screw up with microtransactions. I was actually going to preorder it but now almost all my interest in it is down the freaking drain.

An optional micro-transaction of which you can also obtain SP from sleep mode = interest down the drain?
---
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3052701/
Trails in the Sky SC - http://i.imgur.com/qT369Jv.gif