My L & R buttons have stopped working. :-(

#11PlaysaverPosted 10/10/2013 12:04:23 PM
chestershadow posted...
CressDXX posted...
Nintendos hanhelds has always had that problem. :(
they cant make good L & R button on their handhelds.

the only thing you cant do now, is to send it to Nintendo.

Not true. Everything after the ds lite has had trigger issues. They are much less of a frequent issue with the lite and everything before it. They dsi was where the quality took a gigantic nosedive.

Ds lite did have trigger issues. I've had a few used by varous family members end up with that problem.
#12EngineR2Posted 10/10/2013 12:19:44 PM
Are you good with fixing electronics?

You could fix both of these yourself(voiding the warranty in the process) for under $20. If you need a guide, I can provide a link.

I'm glad that people in this topic realize the quality of the L and R buttons. Usually, at this point, the defense force is ready to fight for their beloved Nintendo, telling you that you did everything wrong and they never had the problem with their consoles, and what have you.
---
Mario, Mega Man, and Sonic in one game. Now, it's a party!
#13Pupu27Posted 10/10/2013 12:48:10 PM
EngineR2 posted...

You could fix both of these yourself(voiding the warranty in the process) for under $20. If you need a guide, I can provide a link.

I'm glad that people in this topic realize the quality of the L and R buttons. Usually, at this point, the defense force is ready to fight for their beloved Nintendo, telling you that you did everything wrong and they never had the problem with their consoles, and what have you.

Actually his L and R buttons broken down was an act of God. There is nothing Nintendo could do to prevent that :)

(@TC: just buy a 2DS, it's L+R buttons look much more solid)
---
I swear I'm nobody alt.
#14Poweranimals(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 1:50:01 PM
EngineR2 posted...
Sort of.

Pretty sure the warranty is already expired. Yes. I'm interested.
#15EngineR2Posted 10/10/2013 2:05:21 PM
OK, here are the links(one for the L button, one for the R Button):

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing+Nintendo+3DS+Left+Shoulder+Button/5849/1

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Replacing+Nintendo+3DS+Right+Shoulder+Button/5644/1

This guide has been a great help to me already. Like I said, it will cost you much less than sending it in for repairs.
---
Mario, Mega Man, and Sonic in one game. Now, it's a party!
#16ThatKippPosted 10/10/2013 2:17:07 PM
Blow into your shoulder buttons. It's always worked for me.
---
They call me Wonder-Handsome
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725