Some woman at UPS just gave me crap about spending money on video game consoles.

#1BossBangPosted 10/9/2013 3:29:03 PM
80/80 I guess.

I just bought an XL and transferred all my stuff to it. My buddy wants to pick up Pokemon on Saturday but a 3DS is out of his budget. He was planning on getting a 2DS.

So I sold him my old 3DS for $90 and told him I'd ship it to him. I box it up with a game and go to UPS, and the lady asks "Is this valued more than $100?"

I say yes. "What is it?" "A video game console."

She rolls her eyes and says "A $100? Really? I'm sorry, I just don't get it. I grew up with the N64 okay, I just don't understand why people waste that kind of money. I'm sure you can play allllll kinds of things on it, huh?"

(I don't know how old she thought I was but that pissed me off.)
---
"I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm angry because I'm not getting laid.." -stargazer64
#2AceMosPosted 10/9/2013 3:31:10 PM
oh sure this happened and the sky is made of pink lemonaid to
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#3Rizaadon007Posted 10/9/2013 3:32:16 PM
AceMos posted...

And the moon is made of delicious fat cheese.
---
First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky.
-NettoSaito on the children characters in Fire Emblem Awakening.
#4hereforemnantPosted 10/9/2013 3:34:32 PM
Oh I can understand that, when I bought Theatrhythm at Best Buy, the women scanning it for me was like "What does this say? I hate when they can't even write the letters on the front of things correctly, sounds like they don't know what they're doing."
I wanted to go off on her, there's one small black line through the letters on the front of the case, and she blames her bad eyesight on the game itself and starts ranting to me about it. You work in an Electronics store lady, how hard can it be to read this?
---
Senator Armstrong for President 2016
3DS Friend Code: FC: 0318-7199-1150
#5NnamzPosted 10/9/2013 3:34:58 PM
I'm glad she found it necessary to criticize other people for spending money on things that make them happy simply because they don't make her happy. Please, everyone, drop what you are doing and change your likes and dislikes to that of this lady.

I hope you said something to her. I would have.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Vitavs3DS
#6BossBang(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 3:39:03 PM(edited)
Ace, I WISH I was kidding, I just got back from the UPS right now.

Namz: I didn't want to go off on her, somehow I held it back. I HATE this attitude towards hobbies.

I just said "Oh absolutely. You do know the N64 launched for about $150 right? Yeah, I grew up with it too."
---
"I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm angry because I'm not getting laid.." -stargazer64
#7TakayaNorikoPosted 10/9/2013 3:37:12 PM
Rizaadon007 posted...
AceMos posted...

And the moon is made of delicious fat cheese.

Now you're just being silly. It's made out of rocks that got thrown up into the atmosphere.
---
Penguin's are a type of human, aren't they?
#8BossBang(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 3:47:26 PM
It was ridiculous. I HATE when pretentious people give me crap for stuff like that.

Especially in that kind of setting. Beyond unprofessional. I didnt ask for your opinion lady, do your job and ship my stuff.
---
#9KGTriggerPosted 10/9/2013 3:52:24 PM
I bet you bit your lip to fight back the tears swelling in your eyes, pulled your fedora lower to cover your obvious devastation, and tripped on your way out.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089, pm for steam ID
#10hatemakingnamesPosted 10/9/2013 3:56:27 PM(edited)
Usually when someone says something like that, the best response is something like:

"$100 isn't a lot of money when you don't work at UPS"
---
This always turns off after a month or two and I never remember the link: http://www.gamefaqs.com/?throwback=1