Any N3DS users are experiencing a measure of insomnia?

#11TinyTim123Posted 10/9/2013 10:09:22 PM
randomshems posted...
Nope just reg insomnia without using the 3DS

I don't usually play at night, though lately with the new Etrian Odyssey I have a bit. It's just that when I try to sleep, my mind won't shut off. Lately, my normal cure of alcohol and Zzzquil has started to fail to work too.
=\
I'm exhausted now, but if I try to sleep, odds are it won't work right away. 8am comes awfully early.
= (
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#12KGTriggerPosted 10/10/2013 12:07:17 AM
strongo9 posted...
Watt64 posted...
Galaxy_Nova posted...
Late night heavy playing or finishing a game late maybe being the cause? Some have suggested to ***** ( by pinching their fingers (thumb and index) and putting them to their mouth with a back and forth movement but I don't do that.)

What are you describing? I've never heard of that... what's the censored word?

This. What the hell are you talking about TC?

Tc i need to know what you're talking about. You're giving me insomnia.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089, pm for steam ID
#13mrjack3112Posted 10/10/2013 12:14:59 AM
I am not a druggie TC if that's what you are getting at. My depression over the past few years are getting to me. Medicine doesn't work. I am merely going until I drop.
---
When I get double vision, I just close one eye and I am all better!
#14WitchBaby4200Posted 10/10/2013 12:19:51 AM
I've had insomnia for about 6 years now. I'm addicted to Benadryl and Tylenol PM. They're the only things that help me sleep. I should really learn to take them earlier though. Also it's not necessarily the 3DS that causes it. Stress, the TV, iPad, computers, etc. the age of electronics has certainly screwed up sleep for most of us. Lol.
---
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened.
AC:NL: Town: Repaupo, Mayor: Stoochy, Dream Address: 5600-2142-2397
#15mrjack3112Posted 10/10/2013 12:22:26 AM
WitchBaby4200 posted...
I've had insomnia for about 6 years now. I'm addicted to Benadryl and Tylenol PM. They're the only things that help me sleep. I should really learn to take them earlier though. Also it's not necessarily the 3DS that causes it. Stress, the TV, iPad, computers, etc. the age of electronics has certainly screwed up sleep for most of us. Lol.

Don't say that, now I want to trash my laptop, and other electronics. 4 Tylenol pm's don't do the trick anymore.
---
When I get double vision, I just close one eye and I am all better!
#16tuna-eggPosted 10/10/2013 12:54:15 AM
It's a scientific fact that blue light (emitted from computer screens, LED lights, smartphone screens, and quite possibly 3DS screens) messes up with the circadian rhythm which leads to insomnia. Basically exposure to blue light signals to the body that it's daytime so it keeps awake. So I suggest you stop looking at bright lights and any screen at least 2 hours before bedtime. (Hard to do I know). It only takes 2 minutes of exposure for the body's circadian rhythm to be affected.

It's why it's so much more difficult to sleep in the daytime than at night. The circadian rhythm senses light so it wakes you up. If you want to sleep well during the daytime, you have to make sure your room is pitch-dark.
#17nonexistingheroPosted 10/10/2013 1:11:01 AM
If you play games until just before sleeping, your brains are also kept really busy and active. That can also keep you awake.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#18parKb5Posted 10/10/2013 2:09:55 AM
Insomnia? I have trouble waking up.
---
American living in Japan. Read my blog: little-differences-in-japan.blogspot.jp
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 Greg@Kawasaki
#19DeathSoul2000Posted 10/10/2013 2:39:13 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#20brolynickPosted 10/10/2013 2:43:15 AM
Not at all. When I go to bed I usually listen to podcasts on my MP3 player until I fall asleep, which is usually around 20 to 30 mins. Works great.
---
Chris Jericho is better than God.