Fire Emblem: Awakening or Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance?

#21NeonYoshi11Posted 10/19/2013 1:15:18 PM
Some of you guys are outright lying and possible spoiling elements of this game to somebody who has yet to play it, why because you didn't like it?

FE:A was an awesome game.

Good story, good music, good art style and graphics, good characters, good content, good gameplay.

It's a really solid game.

I've heard DDD is annoying in that you can be in middle of mission and the game switches you or "drops" you to a different part and you'd have to restart that mission and you have no control over when it switches.

Imagine getting near 95% of the way through a level and then the game ending that level for you and teleporting you to another map to start that map.

Pretty lame right ? At least that is what I've been told it's like.,
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0219-2969-7648
#22x_stevey_xPosted 10/19/2013 1:55:42 PM
fire emblem . much better gameplay.. decent/good story is also sadly better than kingdom hearts which is a complete mess .
#23jrb363Posted 10/19/2013 2:02:16 PM
I haven't played Kingdom Hearts much (only an hour or so) since it didn't really grab me. I'm glad to see so many others really enjoyed it here. I would have to recommend Fire Emblem: Awakening. I enjoyed the story but more-so the SRPG battles were the highlight of the game. I really enjoyed digging deep and trying out different strategies with all of the characters.
---
SalsaSavant posted...
Ignore everything Batdad says.
#24Smallville12225Posted 10/19/2013 7:08:28 PM
NeonYoshi11 posted...
Some of you guys are outright lying and possible spoiling elements of this game to somebody who has yet to play it, why because you didn't like it?

FE:A was an awesome game.

Good story, good music, good art style and graphics, good characters, good content, good gameplay.

It's a really solid game.

I've heard DDD is annoying in that you can be in middle of mission and the game switches you or "drops" you to a different part and you'd have to restart that mission and you have no control over when it switches.

Imagine getting near 95% of the way through a level and then the game ending that level for you and teleporting you to another map to start that map.

Pretty lame right ? At least that is what I've been told it's like.,

You're wrong about how the dropping works. The only things that ever reset following a drop are boss fights. Otherwise, you will resume exactly where you left off on a map.

If you know how to play the game you will NEVER be inconveniently dropped.
#25BTOPosted 10/19/2013 7:12:55 PM
Is it true that it's virtually mandatory to have completed all the previous Kingdom Hearts games in order to enjoy or appreciate the story of DDD? I was interested in purchasing DDD recently, but unfortunately read somewhere that this was the case.
---
BTO
#26Minish_link02Posted 10/19/2013 8:58:02 PM
@ BTO

Yes it is true.

Play the other games before Dream Drop Distance.

PS3 has 1.5 Remix (Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix, RE: Chain of Memories, and the movie of 358/2 Days)

DS has 358/2 Days and Coded

PSP has Birth By Sleep

PS2 has Kingdom Hearts II (but 2.5 Remix - PS3 includes Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+, Birth By Sleep HD, and the movie of Coded/ Re:Coded)
#27abbyhitterPosted 10/20/2013 6:05:12 AM
I have both games, but I have only play DDD. FE:A is in my backlog. I'll start it once I beat Pokémon X.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#28BTOPosted 10/20/2013 6:10:37 AM
Minish_link02 posted...
@ BTO

Yes it is true.

Play the other games before Dream Drop Distance.

PS3 has 1.5 Remix (Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix, RE: Chain of Memories, and the movie of 358/2 Days)

DS has 358/2 Days and Coded

PSP has Birth By Sleep

PS2 has Kingdom Hearts II (but 2.5 Remix - PS3 includes Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+, Birth By Sleep HD, and the movie of Coded/ Re:Coded)

Ahh ok, thanks a lot for that info. Looks like I'll start with the 1.5 Remix.
---
BTO
#29SoeroahPosted 10/20/2013 7:13:54 AM
Oddly, I agree with Endgame whilst simultaneously disagreeing with his tone.

I enjoyed both of the games about the same amount. I consider them both to be quite fun and entertaining. If I had to choose, I'd say KH's story is better due to being a continuation of an epic, while FE's character interactions were more entertaining.

I know it's all opinions, though.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.