Mario & Luigi: Dream Team or Pokemon X?

#1tugzPosted 10/14/2013 2:43:16 PM
I've been wanting Mario & Luigi for a while now but I've never played Pokemon before and I thought this would be a good time to start.

Should I try something new or go with what I know I'll like?
---
3DS FC: 1607-2207-7869
#2Mega_RatPosted 10/14/2013 3:46:53 PM
Pokemon. Give it a shot.
---
http://imgur.com/ExbDPIs <- My name in a game (MSFHD)! :D
www.gamefaqs.com/?throwback=1 (use this to go back to normal gamefaqs)
#3tugz(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 4:18:28 PM
Thanks for the vote. Anyone else?
---
3DS FC: 1607-2207-7869
#4MCcakePosted 10/14/2013 4:20:58 PM
Pokemon
---
Currently playing: Kid Icarus Uprising, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
3DS FC: 4055-3491-9170/ Jam, the mayor of Bunma
#5BeanBeanKingdomPosted 10/14/2013 4:22:37 PM
I love Dream Team and it's definitely a must if you like the series (it's the best so far, IMO!), but go with Pokémon first.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#6NathanisDrakePosted 10/14/2013 4:24:36 PM
If you haven't played Pokemon before but have been interested in it, this would be the perfect time to start.
---
"My pin number is 0001, because I'm number 1!"
- Manfred Von Karma // http://i.imgur.com/CVFgSqj.jpg
#7guedesbrawlPosted 10/14/2013 4:35:33 PM
Dream Team is the better game. Pokemon is looking awesome, but unless you are looking to get into competitive... man. Gym leaders always have only 3 pokes?! what's up with that crap?!
---
Here's hoping that Chrom will do Aether correctly in SSB4...
#8x_stevey_xPosted 10/14/2013 4:37:18 PM
guedesbrawl posted...
Dream Team is the better game. Pokemon is looking awesome, but unless you are looking to get into competitive... man. Gym leaders always have only 3 pokes?! what's up with that crap?!

please don't tell me your reason for suggesting dream team is because it's more difficult than pokemon... because dream team is anything but difficult
#9guedesbrawlPosted 10/14/2013 4:41:57 PM
x_stevey_x posted...
guedesbrawl posted...

please don't tell me your reason for suggesting dream team is because it's more difficult than pokemon... because dream team is anything but difficult

i'm just saying that the main adventure seems to be losing it's flair.

i just saw a review at gbatemp that said that the story was dumbed down from it's philosophical approach in black/white for a classic world domination plot... with the power of friedship shoved down at your throat at every turn.

and the new pokemon desings don't help much. those that were announced before the game was released were cool, but... well. Many megas were disappointing too (Mega Gyrados not being Dragon, for instance. Mega Pinsir's wings, Mega Heracross' nose thing too)

it's probably a great game, but i think DT is better.
---
Here's hoping that Chrom will do Aether correctly in SSB4...
#10PaperDolphinPosted 10/14/2013 5:05:11 PM
Dream Team is the best 3DS game.
---
Waddle Dee and Toad for SSB4!