Should I buy a 3DS, considering my fading gaming habits? Please help

#1_FifthWarrior_Posted 10/15/2013 12:40:06 AM
Hello,

I'm trying to decide whether or not to buy a 3DS XL (not interested in the 3DS or 2DS for various reasons).

I only ever play handheld games, and used to play insane amounts of GBA and DS games. However, I kinda grew busy with college and things and...I've only picked up my DS in the last 4 years to play the new pokemon games, replay Ace Attorney, and Dragon Quest IX. Now that I'm about to graduate, I anticipate even lesser time for games unless they can really pull me in.

So, my question is:

1. Does the 3DS have as killer a library as the DS did? Man, that system was insane, the games it had.

2. Are there any future Metroid games planned for the 3DS, or any 2D Castlevania games?

3. Does it have many good interactive novel style games, like 999/Ace Attorney/Hotel Dusk & Last WIndow?

Essentially, I'm willing to pick up the 3DS just for Pokemon and Ace Attorney, and Castlevania and Metroid would just be amazing. I dont think I'm about to get into new games which don't belong to series I was crazy about as a kid, unless they're just amazing.

So if you answer my questions, that'll help me decide whether I should buy a 3DS XL. Maybe the system will turn my gaming habits around.
---
Phantasy Star Zero FC: 4597 9724 9115
#2MMSMBPosted 10/15/2013 1:02:50 AM
1) Depends on your taste really, but so far.... the library has been impressive

2) No news for metroid yet (if someone has anything feel free to correct me) ;-; as for castlevania there's one called Castlevania: Mirror of Fate, its a hybrid between LoS combat and a bit of metroidvania exploration.

3) It has Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward which is the sequel to 999 and an upcoming Phoenix Wright game.
---
Welcome! If you're going to be traveling in these parts, I'd
recommend a Flame Shield.
#3AwesomeOSaucePosted 10/15/2013 4:42:42 AM
3DS is going to be Nintendo greatest handheld ever.

Its already almost beaten the DS and GBA and will pass them for sure in the next 2 years.
---
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^
#4knightmere122Posted 10/15/2013 4:45:06 AM
I'd say 3DS is probably the best value of any console/handheld on the market. The games are cheaper than console and portability. Many 3DS games are as good or better than console games.
---
Cincinnati Sports and Buckeye Fan 4 Life
#5sonicnewboyPosted 10/15/2013 5:54:21 AM
1. Does the 3DS have as killer a library as the DS did? Man, that system was insane, the games it had.

Not quite yet, but it has a lot of great titles so far. It should keep you quite busy if you're open to trying different styles of games.

2. Are there any future Metroid games planned for the 3DS, or any 2D Castlevania games?

There was one Castlevania game: Mirror of Fate, I think? But it wasn't too well-received. There's these games called Shantae though, which people often describe as Metroidvania. Could be worth a shot, since everyone seems to like them. No Metroid yet though, sadly.

3. Does it have many good interactive novel style games, like 999/Ace Attorney/Hotel Dusk & Last WIndow

There's Virtue's Last Reward. And then I think one Ace Attorney game so far. Can't think of any others so far.
#6Rick Rack RooPosted 10/15/2013 6:08:06 AM
Oh hey fifth!

The library is pretty killer for me. Honest. But knowing your tastes a bit, it isn't completely filled to the brim. But there's plenty of fun games. The eShop is pretty good too (and cheap in some cases) as long as you do your proper research and don't just jump on things.

The Metroidvanias aren't out though so that's a bummer. Shantae is okay. I played Risky's Revenge and it's kinda similar but the differences imo are just kinda not enough for me to think of it as fun. And they're priced kinda high considering.

Yeah. Virtue's Last Reward is great. But I'm Uchikoshi biased. >_> And the new Ace Attorney is coming out digitally this month. And at 30 dollars. o: You might be interested in the Layton games as well though I don't remember you having any opinion on them. I suggest them if you haven't.

I say go for it if you have the cash to use. My XL was one of the first things I saved up for once I got a proper job. >__>
---
Vanee Par Sir!
#7_FifthWarrior_(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 1:08:11 PM
RRR! Dude, so awesome to see you! You know what, that does it. I'll save up a bit and buy myself a 3DS XL. I loved the Layton Games, though they got a little repetitive. Thanks man =)

Thanks for the posts, guys!
---
Phantasy Star Zero FC: 4597 9724 9115