Question regarding system transfer

#1djayk85Posted 10/15/2013 3:26:17 PM
Ok so I have a 3DS XL with a few games downloaded.

Just got a second hand 3DS and it has a game on it.

If I do a system transfer will I loose the games I have got on the 3DS XL or will they all be combined.
---
3DS Code: 3926-4915-4369
#2Baha05Posted 10/15/2013 3:28:56 PM
I think I heard they combine. What game is it?
---
"the problem is you won't know that when the year is up. so you can't exactly cancel it until it's too late." Someone without a calender
#3djayk85(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2013 3:33:38 PM
Got 3 Zelda games, Pokemon dream radar, pokedex 3D on the 3DS XL

Animal Crossing New Leaf on he 3DS.

The message on the transfer window says the target system will be over written but then says things will be combined. So I'm confused
---
3DS Code: 3926-4915-4369
#4sunny_red51Posted 10/16/2013 7:51:08 AM
This may already be too late as you may have finished the system transfer, but the e-shops combine, so you'll be able to redownload any games that were on the target console after you complete the transfer. The games on the source 3DS will transfer over as is, and you'll keep all your game saves, Streetpass data, etc. on that console (most of that data is saved to the SD card, so you'll need to move your SD card from the source 3DS over to the target 3DS at the end, and the onscreen prompts will prompt you to do so, but you can copy that data to a bigger SD card, if you need to, either before or after you complete the transfer). You can then redownload any games you had on the target system from the e-shop, even ones that are no longer available.

I have completed two system transfers, from my original 3DS to an ambassador 3DS and then back to my original 3DS. Everything transferred over perfectly from the original to the ambassador, all my games, Mii data, Streetpass and Mii plaza data, pictures, Home screen layout and folders, game save data, etc. I was also able to redownload all of the ambassador games from the e-shop, as well as the ambassador certificate and a few other games on the target system, such as Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition, that are no longer available. The e-shop balances will also merge, at least up to US$100, I believe (for the US e-shop).

Hope that you're able to complete the transfer OK! Make sure to read the sticky on system transfers. It was a great help!!