3DS XL or 2DS? Buy now or wait until Black Friday?

#1sephiroth3703Posted 10/17/2013 6:58:48 PM
I was looking to get a 3DS...almost entirely for Pokemon. It's not like I won't get other games, Pokemon is just pushing me over the edge.

The 3DS XL has a decent color scheme I want, pink/white. It's got a bigger screen and the 3D effect would be fun to view. The clamshell design doesn't matter much to me because I plan on leaving it at my place. Just something to play while watching TV.

The 2DS is marginally cheaper and supposedly is comfier. The color options are lacking, and I'm worried the L and R buttons are placed in such a way that other games like Kingdom Hearts and Kid Icarus would hurt to play.

Finally what were the Black Friday deals like last year? I'm wondering how much stores would take off.
#2ThunderPotatoPosted 10/17/2013 11:58:38 PM
I'd rather buy a full price than die in a Black Friday Stampede of impoverished buffaloes trying to get one of them new fangled flat tvs that are all the rage now.
---
FC: 2535-3679-4793
PM me your FC for Friend Safari!
#3NovaCastPosted 10/18/2013 12:36:54 AM(edited)
ThunderPotato posted...
I'd rather buy a full price than die in a Black Friday Stampede of impoverished buffaloes trying to get one of them new fangled flat tvs that are all the rage now.

Haha this is kind of true, all the poor people come out and fight for low priced crap that isn't even worth fighting for.

Some guy last year snatched a memory card off my hands, and while i was not hesitating to get physical i actually thought it would be stupid fighting for a memory card i was only getting like $8-10 cheaper ( which btw i wasn't exactly there for). He eventually snatched another item from someone else and people wanted to beat the crap out of him so he got kicked out of the store with nothing.

Still Black Friday deals in stores kind of suck, you either camp or wake up really early for good items ( like tvs, pcs, laptops, systems) or you won't get them because most stores only have a couple of those. Cybermonday has similar deals and you don't have to deal with all the peasants
---
#4GenoPosted 10/18/2013 1:02:30 AM
Well, it really all kinda depends, TC.

Do you want a 3DS XL/2DS bundled with a free game or two? Wait 'til Black Friday.

Do you want a 3DS XL/2DS now, without all the hassle of Black Friday? Go get it now.

Though honestly, Black Friday is starting to bleed over into Thanksgiving Day, so you may be able to find a good deal without having to go out at 5 AM if you're vigilant and don't mind going out after eating Thanksgiving dinner.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#5Dev0311Posted 10/18/2013 6:13:02 AM
XL is better than 2DS, but if money is an issue and you don't care about the form factor, 2DS is just for you.
#6kidwgmPosted 10/18/2013 7:50:56 AM
ThunderPotato posted...

True. However, you can still find deals online such as Cyber Monday.
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Xillia, KH 1.5 HD Remix and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii and Wii U.)