I have come to suspect I was sold a refurbished system as new by ebgames

#1DuthosPosted 10/18/2013 8:53:35 PM
Is there any way to tell for sure?
---
My superiority complex is better than yours.
#2Baha05Posted 10/18/2013 8:55:15 PM
Look for any signs of wear and tear (scratches, smudges, etc) check the SD card for data via the system settings.
---
"the problem is you won't know that when the year is up. so you can't exactly cancel it until it's too late." Someone without a calender
#3spartan69x2Posted 10/18/2013 8:55:28 PM
What makes you suspect it is a refurb
---
big daddy and isaac mains for psasbr... psn spartan69x2
#4jrb363Posted 10/18/2013 9:01:23 PM
Duthos posted...
Is there any way to tell for sure?

You can probably call in the serial number on the back to Nintendo and see if it's been sent in for repairs before. I'm not sure they can check on that. Just an idea. Other than that, if you think it's not truly new I recommend taking it back and just swapping it out.
---
SalsaSavant posted...
Ignore everything Batdad says.
#5Duthos(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 9:05:55 PM
The child internet privacy was set and I needed a code to unlock it, apparently that is not normal. Although I had thought it default peole here told me, in no uncertain terms, no one else hadto do this.

There has also been some performance issues and crashes. Could just be a lemon.

No sigsof wear except from me, or data on thecard.
---
#6GenkiPosted 10/18/2013 9:07:19 PM
Plug the SD card into your PC, download and run easeus data recovery and have it scan SD for any deleted data.
---
3DS friend code 1762-2819-7829
#7SalogyPosted 10/18/2013 9:09:43 PM
Duthos posted...
The child internet privacy was set and I needed a code to unlock it, apparently that is not normal. Although I had thought it default peole here told me, in no uncertain terms, no one else hadto do this.

There has also been some performance issues and crashes. Could just be a lemon.

No sigsof wear except from me, or data on thecard.

No, if the system didn't ask what language you wanted and what region you live in, then it was previously used. If you do a system transfer, then you still get that option when you first boot up the system. Both of my XLs came without privacy settings loaded. I have had no reason to turn them on.

Does your Mii Plaza have a lot of people in it? How long ago did you buy your current 3DS?
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#8GamerRafPosted 10/18/2013 9:18:24 PM
I bought my 3DSXL from best buy and strangely enough there was a scratch at the bottom of it. Nothing Major but there is a slim chance it was previously owned but it was in mint condition when I further inspected it.
---
"Lets release a console with no games and no marketing." -Satoru Iwata, 2012
#9Duthos(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 9:28:27 PM
Have no accss to comp right now.

It did ask me for languange/location, and mii plaza was empty. The child privacy option was the one at the bottom of the list. imgur pic is GMAPIK2, sorry can't copy paste with my vita. But that is the one that was set, and I needed a six digit code from nintendo from nintendo to unlock... which they sent me after I sent them an 'adults' signature.
---
#10MATADOR480Posted 10/18/2013 10:06:29 PM
Return it dude! F*** that s***!
---
3DS FC: 5456-0191-1034 PSN ID: MATADOR480 (PM if you add)