I have come to suspect I was sold a refurbished system as new by ebgames

#11sonicnewboyPosted 10/19/2013 1:16:06 AM
Yeah return it. There shouldn't be a privacy settings when you buy it. That ain't right.
#12xIvan321Posted 10/19/2013 2:48:32 AM
I think they just ripped you off. That reminds me of how I recently bought Dead or Alive Dimensions at a local GameStop. While I wasn't paying attention because I was in such a rush. They sold me a used copy as if it were new. Now keep in mind TecmoKoei no longer prints this game and I've been paying attention really closely and somehow a new copy just so happens to magically appear on their store shelves. Can you not see how this is bull****? I went back into GameStop the next day and waited for hours for the manager to show up and she was a complete ***** about it. I told her how I wanted the game and how it was not worth what I originally paid for and how there must have been a misunderstanding yet she got very defensive, especially when I had told her how anyone could just completely delete a game file and say its never been played. She kept repeating on and on how its never been played, but when I said that one thing she yelled at me saying quote: "You think were doing something shady here!?!?" I honestly wanted to kicker teeth right in because she kept trying to escalate this into a brawl. I still wanted the game, but I wanted my $15 back as a "new" copy happens to sell for only $30 bucks. Finally, I got too frustrated with her and decided to return the game for a full refund. (I returned a new unopened copy of Fire Emblem Awakening as well as a sign I was overall displeased with the service.) In the end, I got every single penny back, but unfortunately, that whole GameStop experience wasn't worth the humiliation I had went through. The moral of the story is: never go to GameStop to buy games unless the game is actually used and priced reasonably.
---
jedinat posted...
Yes, the pixels are bigger when the pixels are bigger.
#13AnotherSomebodyPosted 10/19/2013 4:28:00 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#14tuna-eggPosted 10/19/2013 5:59:10 AM
xIvan321 posted...
I think they just ripped you off. That reminds me of how I recently bought Dead or Alive Dimensions at a local GameStop. While I wasn't paying attention because I was in such a rush. They sold me a used copy as if it were new.

Just curious...how could you tell it wasn't a new copy?
#15Duthos(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 7:37:49 AM
Swapping it today. Keeps crashing in pokemon, and no one else is reporting the same problem.
---
My superiority complex is better than yours.
#16Semi45aPosted 10/19/2013 7:38:42 AM
use a black light and see if there are any stains or unpleasant smells.
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#17xIvan321Posted 10/19/2013 11:53:30 PM
tuna-egg posted...
xIvan321 posted...
I think they just ripped you off. That reminds me of how I recently bought Dead or Alive Dimensions at a local GameStop. While I wasn't paying attention because I was in such a rush. They sold me a used copy as if it were new.

Further details explain that in my post. How do I know? Because new copies aren't outside of the shrink wrap and neither does a game that has been long out of print just magically fly into a store shelf like that.
---
jedinat posted...
Yes, the pixels are bigger when the pixels are bigger.
#18ecco6t9Posted 10/20/2013 11:26:31 PM
xIvan321 posted...
tuna-egg posted...
xIvan321 posted...

Further details explain that in my post. How do I know? Because new copies aren't outside of the shrink wrap and neither does a game that has been long out of print just magically fly into a store shelf like that.

I do not doubt it was used but, stores do send "dead stock" to other locations in hopes it will sell. It may have been used by someone at a previous location the game was sitting at.

GameStop does convert new to used only if the publisher agrees if they do not the games are sent around until they sell.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
#19katysuPosted 10/21/2013 12:55:42 AM
I've got an XL coming in the post, arriving today so I'll look very closely at it - it's arrived as I'm writing this. (sold by Amazon, not a market place seller, so it should be new, it was full priced at around $290 - its a pink one so more expensive than the standard colours, & being UK its more than the US price anyway).

ebgames - are gamestop in the UK - I would not expect them to do this and I would have thought it was illegal.
Hope you are able to exchange for another, I presume it is boxed & sealed.

That doesn't seem to guarantee anything tho, a few years ago I bought two DS games new and sealed from a Market place seller (ones that had been out a while, no longer available from Amazon themselves) - they were factory sealed - but on opening both games had previous owners data.