I have come to suspect I was sold a refurbished system as new by ebgames

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I have come to suspect I was sold a refurbished system as new by ebgames
3 years ago#11
Yeah return it. There shouldn't be a privacy settings when you buy it. That ain't right.
3 years ago#12
I think they just ripped you off. That reminds me of how I recently bought Dead or Alive Dimensions at a local GameStop. While I wasn't paying attention because I was in such a rush. They sold me a used copy as if it were new. Now keep in mind TecmoKoei no longer prints this game and I've been paying attention really closely and somehow a new copy just so happens to magically appear on their store shelves. Can you not see how this is bull****? I went back into GameStop the next day and waited for hours for the manager to show up and she was a complete ***** about it. I told her how I wanted the game and how it was not worth what I originally paid for and how there must have been a misunderstanding yet she got very defensive, especially when I had told her how anyone could just completely delete a game file and say its never been played. She kept repeating on and on how its never been played, but when I said that one thing she yelled at me saying quote: "You think were doing something shady here!?!?" I honestly wanted to kicker teeth right in because she kept trying to escalate this into a brawl. I still wanted the game, but I wanted my $15 back as a "new" copy happens to sell for only $30 bucks. Finally, I got too frustrated with her and decided to return the game for a full refund. (I returned a new unopened copy of Fire Emblem Awakening as well as a sign I was overall displeased with the service.) In the end, I got every single penny back, but unfortunately, that whole GameStop experience wasn't worth the humiliation I had went through. The moral of the story is: never go to GameStop to buy games unless the game is actually used and priced reasonably.
jedinat posted...
Yes, the pixels are bigger when the pixels are bigger.
(message deleted)
3 years ago#14
xIvan321 posted...
I think they just ripped you off. That reminds me of how I recently bought Dead or Alive Dimensions at a local GameStop. While I wasn't paying attention because I was in such a rush. They sold me a used copy as if it were new.

Just curious...how could you tell it wasn't a new copy?
3 years ago#15
Swapping it today. Keeps crashing in pokemon, and no one else is reporting the same problem.
My superiority complex is better than yours.
3 years ago#16
use a black light and see if there are any stains or unpleasant smells.
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
3 years ago#17
tuna-egg posted...
xIvan321 posted...
I think they just ripped you off. That reminds me of how I recently bought Dead or Alive Dimensions at a local GameStop. While I wasn't paying attention because I was in such a rush. They sold me a used copy as if it were new.

Further details explain that in my post. How do I know? Because new copies aren't outside of the shrink wrap and neither does a game that has been long out of print just magically fly into a store shelf like that.
jedinat posted...
Yes, the pixels are bigger when the pixels are bigger.
3 years ago#18
xIvan321 posted...
tuna-egg posted...
xIvan321 posted...

Further details explain that in my post. How do I know? Because new copies aren't outside of the shrink wrap and neither does a game that has been long out of print just magically fly into a store shelf like that.

I do not doubt it was used but, stores do send "dead stock" to other locations in hopes it will sell. It may have been used by someone at a previous location the game was sitting at.

GameStop does convert new to used only if the publisher agrees if they do not the games are sent around until they sell.
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
3 years ago#19
I've got an XL coming in the post, arriving today so I'll look very closely at it - it's arrived as I'm writing this. (sold by Amazon, not a market place seller, so it should be new, it was full priced at around $290 - its a pink one so more expensive than the standard colours, & being UK its more than the US price anyway).

ebgames - are gamestop in the UK - I would not expect them to do this and I would have thought it was illegal.
Hope you are able to exchange for another, I presume it is boxed & sealed.

That doesn't seem to guarantee anything tho, a few years ago I bought two DS games new and sealed from a Market place seller (ones that had been out a while, no longer available from Amazon themselves) - they were factory sealed - but on opening both games had previous owners data.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I have come to suspect I was sold a refurbished system as new by ebgames

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived