Nintendo Zones - What's the Point?

#1ChexmixingPosted 10/22/2013 11:41:15 PM
New to the 3DS here, I'm still trying to figure out a lot of the system.

Anyways, today I connected to a Nintendo Zone at Starbucks. It was ok, I guess, but I didn't see many features that I couldn't get at home on wifi.

I didn't really see anything that interested me, but what features do you all like most about Nintendo Zones?
#2arstosPosted 10/22/2013 11:46:12 PM
haven't really seen a point other than to get streetpasses. every street pass i've gotten so far was from a nintendo zone.

take your 3ds with you people >:(
---
PSN:Dragonlibrarian
Steam:Dragonlibrarian7
#3SalogyPosted 10/22/2013 11:50:45 PM
Special DLC, currently I am getting ACNL items from Nintendo Zones. Got a special mii a little while ago.
Streetpass relay.
Free internet at weird places like Home Depot for some strange reason.
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#4darkdragongirlPosted 10/23/2013 12:06:02 AM
Salogy posted...
Special DLC, currently I am getting ACNL items from Nintendo Zones. Got a special mii a little while ago.
Streetpass relay.

Free internet at Depot isn't weird. As someone who has a brother in construction for their career I know he takes his tablet to Depot and other warehouses to keep his inventory with his company in check online as well as sometimes sending pictures through email to his clients.
#501Philip01Posted 10/23/2013 6:40:05 AM
Quote:Salogy posted...
Streetpass relay.

Free internet at Depot isn't weird. As someone who has a brother in construction for their career I know he takes his tablet to Depot and other warehouses to keep his inventory with his company in check online as well as sometimes sending pictures through email to his clients.

@darkdragongirl

Think he meant its weird to have a Nintendo zone there
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#6Kitt ThrustPosted 10/23/2013 6:58:10 AM
Nintendo Zone at Best Buy sometimes offers digital coupons for games if you connect there and have the cashier scan the bar code on the 3DS screen.
---
Go Go Big Underpants !
http://i.imgur.com/iAJrs.gif
#7kidwgmPosted 10/23/2013 7:33:16 AM
Kitt Thrust posted...
Nintendo Zone at Best Buy sometimes offers digital coupons for games if you connect there and have the cashier scan the bar code on the 3DS screen.

Really? Might have to keep that in mind.
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Xillia and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii and Wii U.)